Advise on tuner sensitivity

jondee

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I am new to this forum so not sure if this is posted in the right place.

I am looking towards buying the Solo 2 as my first step into Linux sat receivers and after doing a bit of research it looks like the ideal receiver for my needs.

I don't do much recording, but what I do need is a receiver with a good sensitivity.

I live in Southern Spain and as some of you may be aware we have just lost the majority of the FTA channels that have now moved to Astra 2E and we are right on the fringes of reception so looking at a much bigger dish, but also the ability to pick up the very weak signal from this sat.

I have really got my heart set on the Solo 2, but I have read recently that the Dreambox 800se with the M tuner has a more sensitive tuner. Would anybody know if this is the case or would the Solo 2 be more than adequate?

Any advise would be gratefully received.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
@jondee : I can only to consider to you to install al least 100 cm dish for Astra2E Pan-Europe Beam.

PS: I'm using Solo2 for some DX'ing too and I'm very happy with its sensitivity. Speed of Solo2 isn't comparable to DM 800se. It's a Bugatti Veyron Sat receiver ;).

jondee

Vu+ Newbie
@jondee : I can only to consider to you to install al least 100 cm dish for Astra2E Pan-Europe Beam.

PS: I'm using Solo2 for some DX'ing too and I'm very happy with its sensitivity. Speed of Solo2 isn't comparable to DM 800se. It's a Bugatti Veyron Sat receiver ;).

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The problem is not getting the Pan-Europe Beam, but getting the UK spot beam that is now concentrated tightly over the UK with very little overspill into the rest of Europe.

That is the reason I need a very sensitive receiver because even with a very large dish (300 cm) the signal is so faint I need the best tuner possible.