Any ideas on what to buy

datainfo1

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
All, my Vu Uno has died on me :sad:(Gutted):sad: and I would like to get another box. Which one do you Guys/Gals think that I should buy, another Uno :eek: (Very scared) or a Duo:unsure: (Never tried). Also can anyone recommend a good retailer to buy one from. Before you ask, what's happened to your old box. The answer is ( No Data On Transponder Time Reading Pat ). I have tried everything Re-image (blackhole),Re-image with VU+(original image) different dish, Coax testers, New Lnb, different cables also a new tuner module and nothing works. I have contacted the retail seller and they say it is out of warranty (15month old). Been told that they will get in contact with the U.K distributor to see if they will repair it, don't know if I will be charged. So this is why I need your advice. Thx

Tamaki

Administrator
Hi
All, my Vu Uno has died on me :sad:(Gutted):sad: and I would like to get another box. Which one do you Guys/Gals think that I should buy, another Uno :eek: (Very scared) or a Duo:unsure: (Never tried). Also can anyone recommend a good retailer to buy one from. Before you ask, what's happened to your old box. The answer is ( No Data On Transponder Time Reading Pat ). I have tried everything Re-image (blackhole),Re-image with VU+(original image) different dish, Coax testers, New Lnb, different cables also a new tuner module and nothing works. I have contacted the retail seller and they say it is out of warranty (15month old). Been told that they will get in contact with the U.K distributor to see if they will repair it, don't know if I will be charged. So this is why I need your advice. Thx
If you can wait just a little a suggest to buy a solo2.

Ev0

Admin
Hi
Have you tried doing a manual scan with your Uno ?

Ev0

Admin
Ok in that case, if you need a box right now, go for another Uno or an Ultimo.

IF you can wait a while, then wait for solo2 :)

Ev0

Admin
There won't be any info on images until the box is avaliable, but you can rest assured that it will be supported by the BH team ;)

As for info on the box itself, there is only limited info that Vu+ released back in June (or maybe it was july), but if you look in the Announcments section there is some info in there for you.

datainfo1

Vu+ Newbie
There won't be any info on images until the box is avaliable, but you can rest assured that it will be supported by the BH team ;)

As for info on the box itself, there is only limited info that Vu+ released back in June (or maybe it was july), but if you look in the Announcments section there is some info in there for you.
Thanks for your help.

Ev0

Admin
Both the Duo and Uno are great box's (I have both), but the Uno is the better box of the 2 (especially when the new twin tuner card is released).

datainfo1

Vu+ Newbie
Both the Duo and Uno are great box's (I have both), but the Uno is the better box of the 2 (especially when the new twin tuner card is released).
Thanks I might have too go for a next UNO. Hopefully I will not have the same problems that I have had with my one ofter 15 months. Can you recommend a good place or site where I can go to get one?

Ev0

Admin
Thanks I might have too go for a next UNO. Hopefully I will not have the same problems that I have had with my one ofter 15 months. Can you recommend a good place or site where I can go to get one?

I can only suggest you buy direct from an authorised dealer / reseller.

I have heard good things about World of Satellite and Goldwafers in the uk.

Ev0

Admin
Newer (and slightly faster) cpu, more ram, swappable tuner (and dual tuner module coming soon) and looks a little better too imo.