Aspect ratio problem, movies mkv mediaplayer

roddiss

BH Lover
When i play a movie in mkv the box stretches the image, its supposed to be black bars on top and bottom. The settings are correct I think. I have to restart often several times, then maybe I can get black bars once in a while. I had this problem on Du2 to, but its much worse with the Solo 4k. Any ideas to a solution?

nunigaia

When i play a movie in mkv the box stretches the image, its supposed to be black bars on top and bottom. The settings are correct I think. I have to restart often several times, then maybe I can get black bars once in a while. I had this problem on Du2 to, but its much worse with the Solo 4k. Any ideas to a solution?

Hi @roddiss

I´ve managed some settings ... before playing a movie with default mediaplayer change your AV SETTINGS to:

Attachments

• SC_1.jpg
    SC_1.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 87

nunigaia

Hi @roddiss

I´ve managed some settings ... before playing a movie with default mediaplayer change your AV SETTINGS to:

Play the movie ( If the movie has the top and down black bars, they will be present on display )

SC_1.jpg

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Yes, u r right. It's very annoying go to Menu and change these settings every time you want to watch a movie. If you leave it like that then some of the tv channels will be displayed wrong. Is there any solution for that? What is the "AutoResolution" in "Speed up Black Hole" menu for? Even with this option enabled the ratio is wrong.

nunigaia

Yes, u r right. It's very annoying go to Menu and change these settings every time you want to watch a movie. If you leave it like that then some of the tv channels will be displayed wrong. Is there any solution for that? What is the "AutoResolution" in "Speed up Black Hole" menu for? Even with this option enabled the ratio is wrong.

You can use MEDIAPLAYER2 ... by pressing the 5 key button ... you can change the policy settings without change your AV SETTINGS.

nunigaia

It does not work for me changing those

I use Mediaplayer2 --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...lem-movies-mkv-mediaplayer.27073/#post-200661, it works for me.

1) - Install subsupport, because this is needed to install MEDIAPLAYER2

2) - Install Mediaplayer2

3) - Make your Settings for both plugins.

4) - Open a MOVIE with MEDIAPLAYER2 ... When playing press the <5> key on your RCU to change the Video policy ... you can view when press this button <5> on your RCU the changge of green VIDEO SIZE ADJUSTMENTS on the left up corner of your TV SET.

Link to MEDIAPLAYER2 and SUBSSUPORT --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...diaplayer2-your-default-player-on-xbmc.23381/

Enjoy.

nunigaia

Its a hole jobb to install Mediaplayer2

No, it´s quite simple .... You just need 2 files ( plugins ). ( SUBSSUPORT, and then MEDIAPLAYER2 ).

If you are using at least Blackhole 2.1.7, you don´t need to install the dependencies, just the 2 plugins mentioned above.

Don´t need to follow the guide to implement it to handle XBMC, although you can install Enhanced Movie Center Git version 1.0 from the addons feeds ...

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Thanks for the MediaPlayer2. The ratio settings work fine but I can't get the subtitles lower. I checked subtitle settings and all I could find is "Position" which is set to 94% as default. Changing this parameter doesn't change subtitles position on the screen. Any help very desired.

nunigaia

Thanks for the MediaPlayer2. The ratio settings work fine but I can't get the subtitles lower. I checked subtitle settings and all I could find is "Position" which is set to 94% as default. Changing this parameter doesn't change subtitles position on the screen. Any help very desired.

Change it to bottom! Change the subtitles by accesing the subssuport settings ( by acessing it in plugins ). Set it on:

1 - External subtitle settings
2 - Embedded subtitle settings.

For changing use the right/left arrow key ( on your RCU ).

normally i use 58 for font size ... and it´s amazing.

RCU = Remote control unit

roddiss

BH Lover
Thanks, works now. Why do I need the sub plugin? Is it supposed to find subs automatic and show when watching movie or tv series?

nunigaia

Thanks, works now. Why do I need the sub plugin? Is it supposed to find subs automatic and show when watching movie or tv series?

Yes. Subssuport has the funcionality for searching subs in opensubtitles, podinapisi, etc ... and when downloaded you can play it directly in MEDIAPLAYER2.

best regards
nunigaia

nunigaia

I have to manually search for them? It doesnt search automatically when turning on a film

No ... You have to search, don´t expect that all is doing right for you ;)

Nothing in this scene is fully automatic. It allways need an human hand. :lamo: