Audio and Video from different channels

AlexWilMac

Hello,
this is just a suggestion that would probably seem extravagant but it is not.
I often watch some sport event in HD from some foreign channel and I'd like to couple it with the audio from another channel from my country.
It'd be simply great the chance to do that with some plugin!

nunigaia

Hello

Alexwilmac

The audio depends of carrier stream ... Taking for example on Euronews channel on HOTBIRD 13º East 11034 V 27500 3/4 - you have 8 carrier streams of audio at your choice ...

Audio carrier Language

930 F - French
931 E - English
932 G - German
933 I - Italian
934 Sp - Spanish
935 P - Portuguese
936 R - Russian

With audio key of your remote control, you can choose the language you use channel by channel, by default.

Sometimes it works too with subtitles...

On movies i prefer the original audio ---> but prefer a language that i know. ---> we can change that too if avaiable by broacaster.

best regards

nunigaia

Note: Take it by exemple and test as you want!

AlexWilMac

Hello

Alexwilmac

The audio depends of carrier stream ... Taking for example on Euronews channel on HOTBIRD 13º East 11034 V 27500 3/4 - you have 8 carrier streams of audio at your choice ...

Audio carrier Language

930 F - French

With audio key of your remote control, you can choose the language you use channel by channel, by default.

Sometimes it works too with subtitles...

On movies i prefer the original audio ---> but prefer a language that i know. ---> we can change that too if avaiable by broacaster.

best regards

nunigaia

Note: Take it by exemple and test as you want!

Hello,
I think you misunderstood my post.
I didn't talk about audio settings and choices but to use audio from a channel and video from another: for instance: audio from Raisport and video from ZDFhd.
But someone replied after you with a very good suggestion!

AlexWilMac

I tried and, somehow, it works. Only... I have to perform a different sequence in commands:
1) I enable the PIP: the PIP screen displays the main channel
2) I long-press blue and enable audiopip: as soon as I do that the main channel get frozen and the PIP goes on.
3) if now I change channel, the main displays changes bot video and audio, i.d. it acts normally
3) I long press blue again and I choose audiopip again
Now, if I change channel it accordingly changes only the audio (and shows the channel I want only for its video)

Instead, I tried to do something much easier:
Starting from scratch, I choose the channel I want to watch and I directly enable audiopip.
Now, if I zap to a different channel, the infobar shows me the info about the new channel and changes just the audio whilst the video remains the old one!
After all, it seem coherent to the name Audiopip itself ;)

Maybe this is caused by the fact I have the Pipzap extesion? If this is the case, we can say it's helpful to an easier use of audiopip.

Last question: I looked for any update of this extension but I haven't found any, yet: d'you know if they released an update?
Not that seems to be needed but just in case they improved the plugin functions.

nunigaia

I tried and, somehow, it works. Only... I have to perform a different sequence in commands:
1) I enable the PIP: the PIP screen displays the main channel
2) I long-press blue and enable audiopip: as soon as I do that the main channel get frozen and the PIP goes on.
3) if now I change channel, the main displays changes bot video and audio, i.d. it acts normally
3) I long press blue again and I choose audiopip again
Now, if I change channel it accordingly changes only the audio (and shows the channel I want only for its video)
Instead, I tried to do something much easier:
Starting from scratch, I choose the channel I want to watch and I directly enable audiopip.
Now, if I zap to a different channel, the infobar shows me the info about the new channel and changes just the audio whilst the video remains the old one!
After all, it seem coherent to the name Audiopip itself ;)
Maybe this is caused by the fact I have the Pipzap extesion? If this is the case, we can say it's helpful to an easier use of audiopip.
Last question: I looked for any update of this extension but I haven't found any, yet: d'you know if they released an update?
Not that seems to be needed but just in case they improved the plugin functions.

Hi alex

I´ve searched on severall foruns for upgrade version than 0.3 of this plugin, but unfortunately, i haven´t found any!

Thanks in advance, for your reply
best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

And, obviously, this plugin will do its best with the other one for audiosync because channels are never perfectly synchronised. I tried and they are perfectly compatible.
So I'm looking forward to this weekend to test it with some sport events I have in mind ;)

AlexWilMac

I´ve readed, and greatfull for your complete knowledge and explanation.:thanks:

I´ll try to see how it works, although, i don´t need that, cause i have pip and pap

best regards
nunigaia

By the way: about PAP, did you find a plugin for it or it's your TV feature?

nunigaia

By the way: about PAP, did you find a plugin for it or it's your TV feature?

I haven´t searched for it but, my Tv has PAP function!

Just case, for let you know, i´ve read, i remember that have 3 lines with 3/4 assignate to video function, on pip audio plugin, i don´t have tested, but someone said, that if you eliminate ithe 3/4, you´ll have full video, for the principal screen, and not 1/4 pip video.

P.S. ---> I don´t know if it makes confusion to you, that trick, please reply. " If it is that away, it could be interesting "

best regards
nunigaia

nunigaia

I haven´t searched for it but, my Tv has PAP function!

Just case, for let you know, i´ve read, i remember that have 3 lines with 3/4 assignate to video function, on pip audio plugin, i don´t have tested, but someone said, that if you eliminate ithe 3/4, you´ll have full video, for the principal screen, and not 1/4 pip video.

P.S. ---> I don´t know if it makes confusion to you, that trick, please reply. " If it is that away, it could be interesting "

best regards
nunigaia

Vamos a modificar el plugin PiP para conseguir el AudioPip:

Nos conectamos por FTP al VU+ y accedemos a /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens

Allí encontraremos el fichero PiPSetup.py
Este es el programita que nos permite manejar la ventana PiP

Vamos a editarlo
Al comienzo del fichero encontramos lo siguiente:
Código:

from Screens.Screen import Screen
from Components.ActionMap import NumberActionMap
from Components.Label import Label

# this is not so great.
MAX_X = 720
MAX_Y = 576
MAX_W = MAX_X * 3 / 4
MAX_H = MAX_Y * 3 / 4
MIN_W = MAX_X / 8
MIN_H = MAX_Y / 8

Los parámetros MAX_W y MAX_H son los que indican el tamaño máximo de la ventana PiP y como vemos, está limitado a 3/4 del tamaño total de la pantalla.

Modificamos esas dos lineas
Código:
MAX_W = MAX_X * 3 / 4
MAX_H = MAX_Y * 3 / 4

dejándolas así (solo modificamos esas dos lineas, el resto del fichero lo dejamos tal como está):
Código:
MAX_W = MAX_X
MAX_H = MAX_Y
Así permitiremos que la ventana PiP alcance el total de la pantalla.

Una vez editado el fichero reiniciamos el VU+ para que coja la nueva configuración.

Si ahora volvemos a abrir el PiP y a continuación vamos ampliando la ventana PiP nos dejará llegar al total de la pantalla.
Si vamos cambiando de canal, seguiremos viendo la ventana PiP pero escucharemos el sonido del Canal principal que está debajo.

Pues ya tenemos el AudioPiP biggrin.png

Todo esto está hecho en un VU+ Ultimo con Black Hole 1.7.2

On English language

Let's modify the PiP plugin for the AudioPip:

We connect via FTP to the VU+ and access /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens

There you will find the file PiP Setup.py
This is the software that allows us to manage the PiP window

We are going to edit it:

At the beginning of the file we find the following:

Code:

fromScreens.ScreenimportScreen
fromComponents.ActionMapimportNumberActionMap
fromComponents.LabelimportLabel
#thisisnotsogreat.

MAX_X=720
MAX_Y=576
MAX_W=MAX_X*3/4
MAX_H=MAX_Y*3/4
MIN_W=MAX_X/8
MIN_H=MAX_Y/8
The MAX_W, MAX_Handparameters are those which indicate the maximum size of the PiP window and as we see, it isl imited to 3/4 of the total size of the screen.

Change these two lines

Code:

MAX_W=MAX_X*3/4
MAX_H=MAX_Y*3/4
leaving them as well (only change these two lines,we leave the rest of the file as it is):

Code:
MAX_W=MAX_X
MAX_H=MAX_Y

We will thus allow the PiP window to reach the total of the screen.

Once edited the file restart the VU + so that it catches the new configuration.

If we now return to open the PiP and then wear e going to expand the PiP window will allow us to reach the total of the screen.
If we are changing the channel, we will continue seeing the PiP window but we will hear the sound of the main channel which is below.

Well, we already have the AudioPiP

All this is done in a VU + last with BlackHole1.7.2

Best regards
nunigaia

nunigaia

HOWTO GUIDE - MODIFY PIP AND HAVE AUDIO PIP

Let's modify the PiP plugin for the AudioPip:

We connect via FTP to the VU+ and access /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens

There you will find the file PiP Setup.py
This is the software that allows us to manage the PiP window

We are going to edit it:

At the beginning of the file we find the following:

Code:

fromScreens.ScreenimportScreen
fromComponents.ActionMapimportNumberActionMap
fromComponents.LabelimportLabel
#thisisnotsogreat.

MAX_X=720
MAX_Y=576
MAX_W=MAX_X*3/4
MAX_H=MAX_Y*3/4
MIN_W=MAX_X/8
MIN_H=MAX_Y/8
The MAX_W, MAX_Handparameters are those which indicate the maximum size of the PiP window and as we see, it isl imited to 3/4 of the total size of the screen.

Change these two lines

Code:

MAX_W=MAX_X*3/4
MAX_H=MAX_Y*3/4
leaving them as well (only change these two lines,we leave the rest of the file as it is):

Code:
MAX_W=MAX_X
MAX_H=MAX_Y

We will thus allow the PiP window to reach the total of the screen.

Once edited the file restart the VU + so that it catches the new configuration.

If we now return to open the PiP and then wear e going to expand the PiP window will allow us to reach the total of the screen.
If we are changing the channel, we will continue seeing the PiP window but we will hear the sound of the main channel which is below.

Well, we already have the AudioPiP

All this is done in a VU + last with BlackHole1.7.2

Best regards
nunigaia[/QUOTE]

Tested and worked on VUplus Duo2 Blackhole XBMC Beta2

Howto:

After modifying the lines:

Code:

MAX_W=MAX_X * 3/4
MAX_H=MAX_Y * 3/4

to:

MAX_W=MAX_X
MAX_H=MAX_Y

We have to reboot our STB.

After reboot ... play an channel and activate PIP
( Long Press Blue Bottom ) . After PIP set --> Move to another channel and ( Long Press Blue Bottom ) as you made to activate PIP function ---> Press Green Bottom ---> to move the size of

your screen, You can resize until 1:1

Hope you liked

best regards

nunigaia

Yannis_d

Vu+ User
can someone explain how to take advantage of the two tuners on solo2,to be able to use pip and pap from both satelites 13 and 19,2.
i know that i have to buy two twin lnb,and a new diseqc but i dont know what kind of diseqc.
Also i have to bring two cables to solo2 for both tuners but how to connect the twin lnbs to the diseqc?

Mick12334

You need 2 x Twin LNB's, and 2 x Diseqc switches.
You feed 1 cable from 19.2E, and 13E, LNB's to Diseqc switch 1, then run the cable to the first tuner, you the fix the second LNB ports, from 19.2E, and 13E, to Diseqc switch 2, and run a cable to the second tuner. Once done you set a Tuner to Simple, Disecq A, B, select the two satellites, and set the other tuner to equal to.
Both tuners should now be capable of viewing all channels on 13E, and 19.2E.