best configuration for DVB s/s2 Dual on Vu+Duo2

Jim Copley

Vu+ Newbie
Hi to all, i'm a totally newbie to sat world, i've bought a Vu+ duo2 (i know it's the best receiver in the world :):)), i've installed the Black Hole 2.0.9 and i want some suggestion about configuring the DVB S/S2 dual.
My sat has a double LNB with 2 Diseqc 2.0 so i go with 2 different and indipendent cable to the 2 RF in in the tuner, but both the cable are able to see Astra and Hotbird thanks to the two LNB and the 2 Diseqc.
Now i've configured the tuner B in cascade to tuner A.
What i want to archive is to use automatcally both the tuner, so if i'm watching a channel on tuner A, i can record something from tuner B.
Can you give me the best configuration for my tuner ?
Many thanks

Jim

Mito

Administrator
You should use the following settings:

Tuner A
Configuration mode: Simple
Mode: DiSEqC A/B
Port A: Hot Bird 13.0E (or Astra)
Port B: Astra ... (or HB)

Tuner B
Configuration Mode: Equal to
Tuner: Tuner A

Jim Copley

Vu+ Newbie
what 's the difference between configuring the tuners one equal to the other or one in cascade to the other ?

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
@Jim Copley , The above configuration (provided by @Mito) is the best configuration based on your current hardware. You can watch or record two independent channels at the same time with the above configuraton( The two channels can be in same satellite, same frequency or different satellite and different fequencies) .

Mito

Administrator
what 's the difference between configuring the tuners one equal to the other or one in cascade to the other ?
Equal means the same configuration.
In cascade, roughly speaking, means that there is only a cable connected to a tuner while the other tuner is connect to the first one by the internal loop through.
Pratically, in the last case the second tuner is not fully exploited.

Mick12334

Hello, i have duo 2 with one twin tuner and i use A, how can i config 5 satelite or more
thanks for the help

It all depends on your setup. Do you have a dish/motor, or 5 separate feeds, using a Diseqc switch?
If you have a motorized dish are you using USALS or Diseqc 1.2, to drive your motor?
Can you please post more information, including information on your dish, or dishes, motor, general location, sized of dish, etc.. If you have a motorized dish you should be capable of getting a lot more than 5 satellites, depending on your general location, and dish size.