BH 2.0.7-R1 EPG help needed

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
My Duo2 runs BH2.0.7-R1. I use the default EPG (EPG panel ) and use SKY-uk as my epg data source. The epg updating reports 'found xxxxx titles and found xxxxxx sumeries', 'please wait for epg complete .....'

Questions:

1. How long does the updating take about? I never see it completes. Sometimes I am waiting for more than 10 minutes, the result is the same. Any one know how long it will take to update for full uk bskyb channels' epg?

2. I have to stop the updating by press the RED button, but the EPG update seems updated properly because I can check the EPG infor without any problem. Does anyone offer any suggestion how to check the status of the updating?

3. Whether the BH developer can create a progress bar to show the epg updating ?

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Or use crossepg xepgdb providers as theyre working again too now ;)
Thank yummer, As you and EV0 suggested I will use crossepg. Would you please tell me what are the difference between xepgdb and openTV provider. I only need UK 's channels. Currently, I just manually download the EPG data which provided by openTV (? I guess) from the BH EPG panel- setting up.

Ev0

Admin
Opentv reads the epg direct from the satellite in a similar way to what the official box does.

Xepgdb takes the info from a database stored on a server.

yummer

BH Lover
Thank yummer, As you and EV0 suggested I will use crossepg. Would you please tell me what are the difference between xepgdb and openTV provider. I only need UK 's channels. Currently, I just manually download the EPG data which provided by openTV (? I guess) from the BH EPG panel- setting up.
Both do the same thing more or less... Try both see which you prefer. Open TV will take you to BH radio and download it via that stream.. Xepgdb downloads it off a database and can do it while still having live picture present. Both work very well. In open TV just select sky UK open TV. Or if using xepgdb just select the 2 UK rytec feeds from bottom of lists.

Before starting update rytec and xepgdb providers before selecting your chosen method.

Both do the same thing more or less... Try both see which you prefer. Open TV will take you to BH radio and download it via that stream...

not any more, the new version of CrossEPG has been updated by andyblac so that it uses a free tuner, you can continue to watch live TV while the EPG downloads via a free tuner. all you see is a graphic on the screen showing you the progress of the EPG download.

yummer

BH Lover
not any more, the new version of CrossEPG has been updated by andyblac so that it uses a free tuner, you can continue to watch live TV while the EPG downloads via a free tuner. all you see is a graphic on the screen showing you the progress of the EPG download.
Even on open TV now m8? Its always done it on xepgdb?

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Both do the same thing more or less... Try both see which you prefer. Open TV will take you to BH radio and download it via that stream.. Xepgdb downloads it off a database and can do it while still having live picture present. Both work very well. In open TV just select sky UK open TV. Or if using xepgdb just select the 2 UK rytec feeds from bottom of lists.

Before starting update rytec and xepgdb providers before selecting your chosen method.
Thank yummer. Your reply is very clear.
I normally update epg from the BH epg-panel's setup page, select UK-sky source, enable the opentv. manually start the download. The system reports found xxxxx titles (seems started the download). It never shows sign completion. But the epg works fine. IF I use crossepg, I still need to download the epgdata. If I choose the openTV whether the download is as the same as before. I think my problem mainly is the download processe, not the EPG itself. Of course I can download it from a sever (Xepgdb). I just learn , any suggestion please, yummer and Ev0.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thanks pheonix. I will certainly try the CrossEPG.

yummer

BH Lover
Thank yummer. Your reply is very clear.
I normally update epg from the BH epg-panel's setup page, select UK-sky source, enable the opentv. manually start the download. The system reports found xxxxx titles (seems started the download). It never shows sign completion. But the epg works fine. IF I use crossepg, I still need to download the epgdata. If I choose the openTV whether the download is as the same as before. I think my problem mainly is the download processe, not the EPG itself. Of course I can download it from a sever (Xepgdb). I just learn , any suggestion please, yummer and Ev0.
http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...ossepg-xepgdb-providers-on-a-usb-stick.10070/

Read this m8

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thank everyone for your kind help. I have tried the CrossEPG, After I set the EPGdata provider in the configuration, manually downloaded the data, a good progress bar shows the updating, then the CrossEPG works prefectly. it is NO any problem.