BH 3.0.2 screen size issues

rudy8012

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,

I successfully installed 3.0.2 on my solo2 and I love it (not sure what lagging issues other people are heaving). However, ever since the install my screen size is larger than normal (i.e. there are parts that are cropped from all sides).
I tried all possible resolutions (576, 720p, 1080i, 1080p) from the A/V settings and still same issue.
I tried to use the UI position change plugin but that helped only for the OSD (as expected) while the picture size (of the tv content) remained bigger than screen.

The only thing that works is to put "fit to screen" on my TV screen settings instead of 16:9, then it's scaled back to normal, but this can cause issues with movies of different aspect ratios...
FYI, I didn't have similar issues with 2.0.9, so it can't be the TV as well (it's a Samsung from 2015)
It seems to do either with the aspect ratio or the screen resolution...

Thanks for your suggestions.

KR,
Rudy

nunigaia

Hi all,

I successfully installed 3.0.2 on my solo2 and I love it (not sure what lagging issues other people are heaving). However, ever since the install my screen size is larger than normal (i.e. there are parts that are cropped from all sides).
I tried all possible resolutions (576, 720p, 1080i, 1080p) from the A/V settings and still same issue.
I tried to use the UI position change plugin but that helped only for the OSD (as expected) while the picture size (of the tv content) remained bigger than screen.

The only thing that works is to put "fit to screen" on my TV screen settings instead of 16:9, then it's scaled back to normal, but this can cause issues with movies of different aspect ratios...
FYI, I didn't have similar issues with 2.0.9, so it can't be the TV as well (it's a Samsung from 2015)
It seems to do either with the aspect ratio or the screen resolution...

Thanks for your suggestions.

KR,
Rudy

This has not to be with malfunction of Solo2, but indeed with the movie sources.

To correct this when playing movies ( different sources ), you can give it a try to play them with MediaPlayer2 that you can download from the feeds or from here --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...our-default-player-on-xbmc.23381/#post-192540.

When installed and using MediaPlayer2 to play movies, by pressing the <5> button, you can change the aspect ratio as you want ( 8 combinations ).

best regards
nunigaia

rudy8012

Vu+ Newbie
Hi nunigaia,

Thx for your response but actually the problem exists with any source (TV included, and even with the BH boot logo) - my TV is set at 16:9.
"Fit to screen" option of the TV solves it but it scales down the picture, which is not ideal..
Any other ideas what to try?

Thx,
Rudy

nunigaia

Hi nunigaia,

Thx for your response but actually the problem exists with any source (TV included, and even with the BH boot logo) - my TV is set at 16:9.
"Fit to screen" option of the TV solves it but it scales down the picture, which is not ideal..
Any other ideas what to try?

Thx,
Rudy

Can you please let me know your Samsung's TV 2015 Model you have?

best regards
nunigaia

rudy8012

Vu+ Newbie
The model is UE55HU7500L
Note also that I used the same TV on BH2 and didn't have this issue (ie it was at 16:9 picture size setting on the TV)

thx for your help

Kind regards,
Rudy