Black Hole 3.0.7 Vu+ Solo2

valb

Vu+ Newbie
Many thanks to Matrix10 and Alexwilmac for your suggestions. I am happy to report that everything seems to be working OK now.
I had a look at different things to try to find out where things went wrong and these are some of the things I found out.
If you restore your personal settings you can say yes/no to restore of boot logo. The default is yes, so I guess this is why the new boot logo was replaced by the old. By saying NO I now have the new logo.
When setting up the tuner configuration the names of some of the satellites in the list that comes with the new BH version are not the same as in earlier versions. This means that if you restore your personal settings after manually setting up the tuner configuration then the links between your own channel lists and the satellites you have configured are lost. Fortunately Dreamboxedit saves/restores the whole lot so the channel list and favourites are linked to the correct satellites.
As to why there were so many other errors when I flashed BH 3.0.7 the first time I have no idea, but my guess is the restore of the backup of my system settings was the culprit.
I hope the above can be of help to others.

Matrix10

Administrator
When new images come out with big changes, I do not recommend using backup.
The channel list / bouquets can be used and corrected mainly by dreamboxedit and new scan.

I still give priority to my backup files on the PC
for ten minutes I have an image as before.
Time spent is actually the same if you already have experience.

And most importantly, I know that the problem can not be caused by the use of backup from the old image.

alhosni

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone

After upgrading to the new version I found that there was a problem with the skip forward enter time
Enter skip backward time, watch the movie as well as pause (countinue) as I was working with an old version and the buttons

Do you find your solution in it?

Thank you very much

tohan1989

Vu+ Newbie
Unable to set the time no matter what time zone I chose the time does not change!!!!На этой прошивке (Black Hole 3.0.7 Vu+ Solo2) не удается выставить время какой бы часовой пояс я не выбирал время не меняется!!! Только через ТС Панель можно поменять только тогда EPG не правильный отстает на несколько часов.....

Romuil

Vu+ Newbie
Unable to set the time no matter what time zone I chose the time does not change!!!!На этой прошивке (Black Hole 3.0.7 Vu+ Solo2) не удается выставить время какой бы часовой пояс я не выбирал время не меняется!!! Только через ТС Панель можно поменять только тогда EPG не правильный отстает на несколько часов.....
После выбора клавишами-указателями (влево, вправо) нужного часового пояса нажми клавишу Enter, а затем зеленую кнопку OK и будет все хорошо.

azl

Vu+ Newbie
http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...-7-vu-solose-and-solose-v2.37865/#post-252672

Ev0

Admin
Only use English in this section of the board please.

No support for TS panel on this board.

The problem with timezones was fixed, do an online update, and if that doesn't fix it, remove your plugins / addon's that are stopping it from working correctly.

mrhamed

Vu+ Newbie
this is the buggy release as same as v3.0.6 :( did your developer known about TDD programming?
expensive device SHOULD have grate support.
The customers are NOT your development laboratory.

Ev0

Admin
this is the buggy release as same as v3.0.6 :( did your developer known about TDD programming?
expensive device SHOULD have grate support.
The customers are NOT your development laboratory.

You are not OUR customer, we did not sell you anything.

If you are not happy with the FREE image we provide, then feel free to use another or better still, stick to using the Factory supplied image from Vu+, then any issue you have with support can be directed to them.

Pingumann

Vu+ Newbie
I used a BlackHole image File: vuplus - BlackHole-3.0.2-vusolo2_usb_kodi_release_20161003.zip this week.

All worked well with set-ups amd Sat channel editing with the DreamBoxEditor.

Today, after I did some channel editing and attempting a google-maps addition installation, after a reboot, the Image does not boot any more. It hangs at "starting GUI"

Then I used a "vuplus - VTi_14-0-1_vusolo2_201811302157_usb.zip" image, without any problems. All works normally.

Because I prefer the BH image, I flashed the BlackHole-3.0.7-vusolo2_usb_release_20181203_54f28d9.zip. The booting problem remains, and curiously the old Boot Screen was installed, and not the new one in this thread above.

Looks like the old image with a new filename.

Pingumann

Vu+ Newbie
.... or is there some problem with the image not being in the original flash memory? How does the boot sequence work? I am familiar with the Linux GRUB 2 boot sequence, where the kernel loaded at boot is not in the first boot sectors, but linked to a boot partition with a larger kernel that does not fit into older boot sectors. Is it something like that, and the reason my flashing did not remove the original firmware?

It seems like the old firmware keeps booting, and the new firmware is not loaded at all.

How can I be sure the old firmware is cleared before the new flashing sequence?

AlexWilMac

Surely not looking at the bootlogo that doesn't say anything but, instead, by the info. Have you ever explored your menus?

AlexWilMac

The menus of your image, of course: do you want to get an info about your software from our forum?!?
Among the MENUs, there is also the INFO submenu.