Black Hole Tuner Server - Help To stream to a PC or XBMC ?

daniel1000

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All
excited about this tuner server - excuse the newbie questions :)

Want to stream the tuner (from standby - all channels) and have a choice between a PC (VLC preferably) and XBMC Android

Presume theres a BH PVR addonin XBMC addons so thats taken care of

As regards streaming to a PC I want to know how to do it

these sentences are confusing .....

"The server will build a virtual channels list in the folder /media/hdd/tuner on this box.

You can access the tuner(s) of this box from clients on your internal lan using nfs, cifs,
UPnP or any other network mountpoint."

Question : how can you access a tuner using nfs, cifs, UPnP or any other network mountpoint."

what does the above line MEAN in practical terms step by step - its too vague a statement for a newbie like me to understand - it would need fleshed out step by step - please

Question : - Then on my PC how do I "see" and access the "virtual" tuner the path /media/hdd/tuner on my client PC ?
Can DLNA do it ?

Maybe not THAT far from getting it to work - all ive managed to do is enable it - apart from that - do i do anything Solo side -like mount / configure - before i set the server running ?

Question : - Then when server running how do I "see" the Solo path /media/hdd/tuner on my client PC ?
I.E how are the tuner streams "served"out ?

Can i use VLC for example to "see" and change channels on the PC (Solo in standby)

daniel1000

Vu+ Newbie
Help !! :) - Anyone ?
surely someone experienced must be able to help me out - mods / developers of the image ?
please - this is the only thing im having problems with - other than that have got most things working so far :happy:

yummer

BH Lover
Help !! :) - Anyone ?
surely someone experienced must be able to help me out - mods / developers of the image ?
please - this is the only thing im having problems with - other than that have got most things working so far :happy:
Why not just use xbmc on PC too? You know you can stream channels on PC using openwebif right? Both these ways you don't need to create a tuner server too.

daniel1000

Vu+ Newbie
thanks yummer - yes already doing that but there is one annoying side effect of that - every time i change a channel click on the "tv" icon - it downloads a "m3u" file to play in VLC for each channel change - so if zapping maybe after an hour of channel hopping you've got 10-12 "m3u" files littered on the desktop - a minor annoyance but nonetheless an annoyance :)

plus - the tuner server when setup may give us for example

1. a record option ?
2 access to an EPG ?

(similar to dvbviewer's LAN client RTSP streaming facility (effectively a tuner server) in a PC DVB-S2 card setup)

sorry i admit this is where im lost a little as i never actually have seen the tuner server in action to know what facilities it gives us

I'm sure the developers spent a lot of time with it for a good reason - they have strongly advertised it on the forum post for the latest BH image - so i'm pretty sure it must have some extra abilities over Webif for example - right developers ?

cyborgpunte

Vu+ User
Tuner Server creates those m3u's in the folder /media/hdd/tuner on box
those that you are saving on your desktop, kinda same :)
Perhaps collect them in folder c:\media\hdd\tuner
or share them perhaps with samba enabled (blue,blue)
configfile=/etc/samba/samba.conf example in it.

I use m3u files from /media/hdd/tuner in my ios,androids,linux and windows devices.
that works well with multituner VU+

EPG: well I use free apps/webpages that you can customize , nothing to do with VU+ box
REC: If I miss something, then there are play/streamoptions from my provider sometimes also downloadable. Sometime I use SWMBO option to record :)

(on my raspbmc I use other solution)

yummer

BH Lover
In xbmc if you use the vu+ PVR add on it shows all EPG. Its never played through vlc on my laptop just the 'live TV section' on xbmc. How have you got xbmc set up? Using fusion... Xbmc hubwizard?

Using the vu+ PVR repo I don't think I needed to set up a tuner server mate. Think I only needed local IP of stb and few other settings and then it just initialised and got channel list and EPG then you could play from within it.

yummer

BH Lover
I only use tuner server and media tomb on my ps3 as that can't identify channels and bouquets etc. Nor does it show me EPG