Black Hole Vu+ Duo v.2.0.0 OE 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
been using DCC v2.96 for sometime, /tmp always shows on all versions uptp 1.7.9 but not seen on this new update?
That may be the case but that was always designed for E1, last E2 version was 1.50 I think, you really need to update your software and remember DCC was never designed for Vu+
Things change and so must you.

del6600

Vu+ User
That may be the case but that was always designed for E1, last E2 version was 1.50 I think, you really need to update your software and remember DCC was never designed for Vu+
Things change and so must you.
I understand what you say abount keeping up to date, I am a prof. IT engineer running my own company for over 30 years. I can assure you DCC v2.96 was working 100% on 1.7.9 only 1 hour ago. Have you upgraded and have you checked your /tmp file is there?

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
I understand what you say abount keeping up to date, I am a prof. IT engineer running my own company for over 30 years. I can assure you DCC v2.96 was working 100% on 1.7.9 only 1 hour ago. Have you upgraded and have you checked your /tmp file is there?
I have the latest image on 4 box's here is a screen shot with cuteftp taken a few moments ago.tmp.jpg

Matrix10

Administrator
I think some small problems are to be expected, this is a massive update and no doubt took ages to prepare. Testing all usage cases on a project of this size is going to be pretty hard work.

I think the admins are doing a great job in resolving problems as quickly as they are, its way more than i would have expected.

If there are issues lets get them sorted so we have the best system out there!

Excellent comment.

I think it is not realistic to expect that all on the first working with OE 2.0
special plugins of which we are not the authors.
There's still work for VU +, and all others who are working on image
and addons.
I must say that is a big job already done, and that works very well.

mortirolo

Vu+ Newbie
Well, as it seems you get punished by the moderators if you suggest that the all new shiny image may have bugs or that it may crash, I will just say that the Autoresolution plugin installed from the BH feeds is a bit strange. The options on selecting the resolution no longer are the usual 576i, 576p, 720p and so on, but 1,4,5,7. I don't understand what thy might mean. Anyway, if I try to select one of these meaningless options and activate the plugin, the image writes a lot of small text on a nice green background...
i can confirm exactly the same problem on vu+ uno.

Matrix10

Administrator
Thanks, I know that, but the time zone doesn't work. It doesn't matter what time zone I choose, the time remain the same.

You're right
I tested a few regions outside Western Europe
It is a bug in the base OE2 and expect fix
the next days.

a911

The BH Lover

Dream Control Center ....is working fine with BH 2.0 oe 2!

Matrix10

Administrator

With FTP totalcommander

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 85

Matrix10

Administrator
Looks like a short cut, shown on DCC as tmp -> /var/tmp and not a /tmp folder. I have that in DCC but the function I need to do will not work though /var/temp
I'm sorry
but it's time to learn something about Linux and Sym links.

/tmp (sym link) = /var/volatile/tmp/

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 73

mistreated

Vu+ Newbie
I confirm, that the clock isn't working fine. It seems that always shows GMT time, no matter what time zone you choose.

del6600

Vu+ User
I'm sorry
but it's time to learn something about Linux and Sym links.

/tmp (sym link) = /var/volatile/tmp/

For the final time, I am not looking for " var/volatile/tmp". If you check on all previous versions of BH including 1.7.9 There is a /tmp directory in the /root this is what i am looking for. Please do not tell me to learn about Linux!! I am not stupid and I can read.

Matrix10

Administrator
For the final time, I am not looking for " var/volatile/tmp". If you check on all previous versions of BH including 1.7.9 There is a /tmp directory in the /root this is what i am looking for. Please do not tell me to learn about Linux!! I am not stupid and I can read.

Ok
Unfortunately, we do not have that.
Nor is it all that important
whether it is a symlink to / tmp or / tmp

So I can not help you.

Private_Pyle

Vu+ Newbie
Hi. Just loading the image now and it seems to be taking a long time (about 30 mins now) Still saying programming.
Should it take this long.
Thanks

Matrix10

Administrator
temporary working solution for timezone bug VU+ coding

replace folder
/usr/share/zoneinfo
with folder from my ZIP

Restart image.

Attachments

• zoneinfo.zip
    47.6 KB · Views: 172