Black Hole Vu+ Duo2 2.0.9

after update and restore I see 3 active lan connections on my duo2.
can it have side effects? and how would i cleanup to have only 1? (i like to stick with reality :) )

belfastdaren

Vu+ Newbie
go to the channel list, select the channel you want to use as start up service, click 'menu' and select 'choose service as startup service <---- not available on new image anyone know how to select a boot up channel ?
ty for ace image btw :)

GSp

Vu+ User
You can do a Personal backup prior to flash your box and next restore it to the new image.
Thanks, and thank for your work.
I did a Personal Backup, installed the new image and did a restore. Everything looks back in place except :
  • the skin (all previously downloaded skins were gone)
  • cooltv guide plugin was missing
  • crosspeg settings reset to default
  • when booting the device, it takes quite longer than before to get the active channel image on the TV set
  • had to reboot twice before being able to activate a specific add-on
Rgds,
GS

Last edited:

jwlalek

Vu+ User
  • had to reboot twice before being able to activate a specific add-on
Don't know what you mean exactly but if I'm thinking about the same I had also similar issue to deal with.

Another thing: I'm not 100% sure yet (I do some tests now) but when I installed 2.0.8 image I started have the problem with picture quality (HD channels). Approximately once every 2min I could notice a partly pixelization. I did back to 2.0.7.3 image and there is no such a problem. Did anyone else spot that?

Matrix10

Administrator
go to the channel list, select the channel you want to use as start up service, click 'menu' and select 'choose service as startup service <---- not available on new image anyone know how to select a boot up channel ?
ty for ace image btw :)

Install agn from Download Manager >> Black Hole Feeds Plugins >>startupservice

If you have old one first remove/delete .

Matrix10

Administrator
Don't know what you mean exactly but if I'm thinking about the same I had also similar issue to deal with.

Another thing: I'm not 100% sure yet (I do some tests now) but when I installed 2.0.8 image I started have the problem with picture quality (HD channels). Approximately once every 2min I could notice a partly pixelization. I did back to 2.0.7.3 image and there is no such a problem. Did anyone else spot that?

None of this I did not notice.
My test control monitor TV is on 50 cm distance.

Last edited:

Matrix10

Administrator
My advice is still always install clean image

I do not use backups.
Backup is easy but not always the best
I have on the PC backup for everything that I need.

Perhaps for those who use advanced tuner setup
is good to make a backup of the tuner settings
For those who do not use
better to install a clean image and plugins again.

GSp

Vu+ User

Well, I had to reboot the machine twice (I mean: power off / power on with the little button on the back) before a specific adds-on, that we should not discuss here, could work !
Regarding pixelation, I do not have this issue (neither on 2.0.8 nor in 2.0.9)
Rgds,
GS

GSp

Vu+ User
I do not use backups.
Backup is easy but not always the best

Strange statment would I say : If a backup functionality is provided in the image, the least is that the restore functionality does its jobs as well ...... Do not see the added value of a backup without a correct restore .... :eek:

Matrix10

Administrator
Strange statment would I say : If a backup functionality is provided in the image, the least is that the restore functionality does its jobs as well ...... Do not see the added value of a backup without a correct restore .... :eek:

Depends on how you look at things.
There is no backup that is able to take 100% into account the
changes within the image or OS with PC .

This is the reason why in the standard OS systems
All is not functioning as it should after backup.

That's why you need example to re-install a plugin that during installation
make certain changes, add or Overwrite existing lib or something similar,
that is not working properly after backup.

So there is no 100% backup in any system when it comes to changes
within the system and addons.

Of course coder has made everything possible to have good backup,
but this does not guarantee for 100% backup.

another example:
Let's say if I make changes in the skin coding
which do not comply with certain plugin but with new changes within the image
This plugin will not work correctly after backup.

Or if you have some changes in image coding
not in relation to the backup plugin.
Coder certainly does not test all plugins but working on image.
It is the task of the plugin author to make necessary changes for new images
and new changes...
e.t.c

Clean image is still a better solution
and slowly add plugins to know where the problem arises..

They are always beside plus for backups also negative for backups.
So a matter of choice. Nonetheless choice, with it should be taken into account.

Last edited:

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
I have reflashed to the BH2.0.9 last night, the flashing is smooth. Thank BH team for the excellent work. However, a few small points, I would like to ask the experts' help.

1. After the image is flashed, my IP-TV channels almost do not function anymore. The IP-TV list was generated by IPTVlistupdator plugin and the list is implemented into the favorite bouquet . I am not sure whether it is coincidence (all of the links go off last night). The question is how to handle the iptv stream in the BH box? The IPTV channels (generated by iptvlistupdator plugin) is played and processed by BH or by the IPTVlistupdator? Who manage how to use these links? It means whether the BH control how to access these links or other software, plugins?
2. Is there any method we can set the BH default weather to a 7 days weather forecast? I do know there are many plugins which can do the job, but I like the format and clearity of the BH default weather pannel. I (possible most of users) need a longer forecast, a few hours forecast is almost useless in many cases.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thanks BH team for your excellent work. It is better if the default weather forecast panel is able to give 7 days forecast. However, it is MUCH BETTER in the Ver 2.0.9 than previous version. We can have 3 days forecast now, it is much more useful.

lacky007

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,
Very Nice software!
Why can I no skins of other install?
Would gladly Dark Beauty but do not install it GOES.
Thank you

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Hi, @lacky007 . I am not sure whether I understood your above post correctly. If you want a different skin, we have to install the addtional skin our selve. BH has its default skin, but it cannot add more shins by default, I think the BH team does not know which skin is wanted by individual. Installing a skin is easy, just use the BH plugin addon function, install the skin you want, then go back the menu to the skin setting section, select which skin you will use as default. I have tried a few skins, the default skin is a good choice, of course, there are many as army Gene Gradient HD, Matrix .... are good too.

CroCo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi.
After installing BH 2.0.9 I have a problem with my VU+ DUO2. Every time I put it in deep standby, it's restarting by it self?. I have found out that this problem occurs, if I turn on Wake On Lan. If I turn off WOL the VU+ is not restarting.
Are there any other who have this problem, and maybe know what to do with it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lincsat

Vu+ User
I'm having the minor problem of FTP and Telnet access dropping after a few hours needing a box reboot to start again, SSH access is OK. I have tried turning off and back on the Telnet and FTP service but it does not restore access until the reboot.