Black Hole Vu+ Duo2 2.1.5

Matrix10

Administrator
brilliant image for my duo2,twice faster,as the previous one.......just i need you to explain me how to make external plugins bigger and wider ...as they look too small now ( some plugins are in the center ,other in the left corner) .thanks for help...deb

If you use plugin 1080 x 720 format (old format)
then he look small with skin format 1920 x 1080.

Most of these plugins generally only plugins authors can make look good.
I hope users will make a request from the authors to cross to this new format.

Another option is to use an old skin in the same 1080 x 720 format
but it goes at the expense of the quality , letters and graphics.

Big Smile

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for this great image.

What I can't get to work is making a CIFS network connection. When I enter a name for the connection and enter the server credentials, I get the message that the connection is created successfully. When I check the connections in the network panel, the connection is active. But I can't see the connection in the mediaplayer for example. I did it the same in v2.1.4 and there it worked perfectly.

mario belli

Vu+ Newbie
As said many times, if you put here the crashlogs we can try to help you.
Without them, your report is not useful ..... totally.
Ok black hole 2.1.5 finally funciotn very faste and stable , i have flash with other image and than i have reupped bh 215. Now it's wonderfull.. Strange but flash bh215 from bh214 give me some error.

Don Andres

BH Lover
I flashed my Vu+Duo2 HD with 2.1.5 yestarday , and was shocked by the picture quality on all HD channels ...
I had much, much better video quality on 2.1.4 compared to 2.1.5 :(
Without doing any picture improvement ajustment in the plugin or on my TV set ! Video is blurish with huge hue level , the HD cnannels appear like SD .

Is it only me or other of you guyz expiriance the same ?
Does it helps with driver update ?
I think I'm going back to 2.1.4 , it is really pitty ....

Big Smile

Vu+ Newbie
It works with no problems, same as in 2.1.4 image.
No, it doesn't. I found the problem: my password starts with a number and when I enter it on screen, the number is not stored. I've changed my password directly in the file (/etc/enigma2/automounts.xml) and then it works fine.

timmo65

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,
I switched from OpenVix Appollo 152 yesterday to BH 2.1.5 and I have had a couple of little issues I was hoping you can help with (duo2)

Via openwebif panels the large remote image is the wrong one for my box whereas it was ok on the vix image. I checked in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/public/images to see the large remote as vu_normal.png Is this a limitation I will have to live with or is there a work around.

The other thing is with autotimers............ I installed the autotimer plugin and copied in a saved version of my autotimer.xml file but it does not seem to get picked up. Do I have to scratch it and start again or is there a way round this. (restarted etc)

Thanks very much, great work.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
The other thing is with autotimers............ I installed the autotimer plugin and copied in a saved version of my autotimer.xml file but it does not seem to get picked up. Do I have to scratch it and start again or is there a way round this. (restarted etc)
Timers.XML files can't be simply copied because when turning off the receiver (standby or deep standby) the same file which is currently held in memory is written back to the flash, overwriting the one you copied.

The quick and dirty way to go is to turn off the box with the rear power switch just after having copied the file, so it won't be overwritten.
There are indeed some more elegant ways to stop Enigma2, copy the file and then restart.

klapaciuss

Vu+ Newbie
Hello. Thanks for new BH version. New full HD skins have nice design but used font is terrible. Especially in Multi EPG screen or in list of favorite channels. Font is too small and not smooth and looks worse than standard HD fonts (e.g. in MyMetrix skin). It is a shame. XBMC uses for playback standard BH Media Player with poor codecs support. Main benefit of XBMC is extensive codec support but not in its BH implementation. XBMC video output is fixed to 720p. What is reason for this limitation?

Overix

Vu+ Newbie
Hi thanks for new FW. I have 1 trouble with new firmware, where is Video Extension plugin? Because i see he already installed but option not available in menu. I want change HUE and Sharpness how possible do that in FW 2.1.5? in 2.1.4 all be ok.

Overix

Vu+ Newbie
I found Solution Video Enhancement settings appear again after install in Plugin Browser - Manage extension any additional fresh extension. Maybe its can help for somebody.

Matrix10

Administrator
I found Solution Video Enhancement settings appear again after install in Plugin Browser - Manage extension any additional fresh extension. Maybe its can help for somebody.

No this is not a reason
Video Enhancement settings is there but you had in Customise panel Mode in the improper mode.

If in the expert mode, make a restart image and Video Enhancement settings is there.

Matrix10

Administrator
Hello. Thanks for new BH version. New full HD skins have nice design but used font is terrible. Especially in Multi EPG screen or in list of favorite channels. Font is too small and not smooth and looks worse than standard HD fonts (e.g. in MyMetrix skin). It is a shame. XBMC uses for playback standard BH Media Player with poor codecs support. Main benefit of XBMC is extensive codec support but not in its BH implementation. XBMC video output is fixed to 720p. What is reason for this limitation?

It is relatively large or small font.
On my TV font is smoth and much much better if you compare with old skins.

The reason for this may be you not to use 1080P or 720P
And ( I ) modes are very bad because of drivers for (I) modes
have not yet been OK in this new OpenGL drivers.

second possible possible reason is your TV video setup
For me it was Sharpnes In Sony TV that is too high
instead of improving, make worse.

For all users Duo2

Check Video MODE in your box
Only P modes working good
Check Sharpnes in Box and TV Look at the quality of letters and image.

Matrix10

Administrator
I flashed my Vu+Duo2 HD with 2.1.5 yestarday , and was shocked by the picture quality on all HD channels ...
I had much, much better video quality on 2.1.4 compared to 2.1.5 :(
Without doing any picture improvement ajustment in the plugin or on my TV set ! Video is blurish with huge hue level , the HD cnannels appear like SD .

Is it only me or other of you guyz expiriance the same ?
Does it helps with driver update ?
I think I'm going back to 2.1.4 , it is really pitty ....

The same for you VU+ using new drivers and OpenGL

Check Video MODE in your box
Only P modes working good
Check Sharpnes in Box and TV Look at the quality of letters and image.