Black Hole Vu+ Uno 1.7.3 (Skin Tribute)

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
I also had some trouble after upgrading from 1.6.x to 1.7.2 first and next identical with 1.7.3 firmware.

What I was experiencing was:
- First some crashing after changing channels. This was diagnosed via this community as an EPG-related problem.
- Next I had also troubles putting the box into deepstandby. It always would crash-dump and restart automatically. Doing it once more immediatly afterwards always worked flawless. Hence I had to shutdown it twice always.

My educated guess was that it was both related to EPG handling on the Internal Hard Disk.
As actions I first disabled (with reboot) and next re-enabled the EPG Cache Backup. This helped a few shutdown times, but it came back.
Next I removed all VU+ related files from the Hard Disk manually and repeated the previous action. It now seems to work as it it should. Working for over a week now.

Pending minor problems with 1.7.3 are (reported by me op 1.7.2 individually):
- HDMI-CEC monopolizes the chosen HDMI port on my Philips TV (even during standby mode).
I do appreciate the work good work on HDMI-CEC. Thanks for that to all persons involved. We are close to perfect support.
- 'TV Galicia' shows frozen image only when this channel is selected. Starting timeshift the images restores immediately. Also reported to occur on other models. very strange.

By the way my favourite skin remains ARMY SMOKE-PRO it is really gorgeous. It is also the fastest in response, much faster than the default skin. Just scroll through a full satellite list, this one keeps up with my remote.

"TV Galicia" problem was solved by rebuilding manually all my Favourite Bouquets. No idea why.