BlackHole Vu+ Duo 1.6.7 kernel 3.1.1 beta2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiro

BH-C
i was looking forward to putting this on my duo,dont think i dare now i know there is internal hdd problems though

hdd problems? Are you crazy ?
Image have been tested by a team of BT and currently used by thousand of ppl.
There is not problem with hdd. The post you have read is not an image problem but a request for extra optional solution to use NTFS formatted drivers instead of normal Linux formatted drives. And this is not a good idea because Linux works better with Linux filesystems not with windows NTFS,

Matrix10

Administrator
@Steve Did you test it?
I have three friends with VU Uno and everyone working hard drive.If you want to Test image ok
and if not use the old one.
Do you really think that from the hundreds of those who already use
image would not be at least 100 posts about not working disk.
So pls stop to write posts about something you have not tested .

@MujaG@

BH Lover
@Steve Did you test it?
I have three friends with VU Uno and everyone working hard drive.If you want to Test image ok
and if not use the old one.
Do you really think that from the hundreds of those who already use
image would not be at least 100 posts about not working disk.
So pls stop to write posts about something you have not tested .
Well seid @MX,hd works fine here so.....God work mates.
cheers

NEUROSURGERY

Vu+ User
Hi Shiro,
I still have a problem, I have to boot my vu+ duo with the HDD, if I connect the HDD while the vu+ duo is already on, the HDD is not recognized,
and the HDD still not MAPPED even after MOUNTPOINTS

Shiro

BH-C
Hi Shiro,
I still have a problem, I have to boot my vu+ duo with the HDD, if I connect the HDD while the vu+ duo is already on, the HDD is not recognized,
and the HDD still not MAPPED even after MOUNTPOINTS

This is Linux not windows and i don't think is good that you use an external hdd with NTFS filesystem.
NTFS support in Linux is not native and is not good because is WINDOWS filesystem.
So please stop to ask about NTFS here, we don't think is right.
I think the better is to use internal hdd linux formatted for Vu+ boxes.

samias

Vu+ Newbie
this problem continues, the new beta version detects my wifi stick(dlink DWA-140 N) with the driver rt 2800 when the good one is rt5370 sta...

thanksss...

I have the same problem as javier007, so I cannot connect to my router using this image, so back to 1.6.6.

Thanks for your efforts.

NEUROSURGERY

Vu+ User
hi shiro

http://linux.softpedia.com/get/System/Hardware/ntfs-3g-15028.shtml

Please nfi image of Black Hole

ntfs-3g description

An open source ntfs driver which offers read-write support for NTFS hard drives.

ntfs-3g driver is an open source, GPL licensed, third generation Linux NTFS driver for 32-bit, little-endian architectures which was implemented by the Linux-NTFS project. It provides full read-write access to NTFS, excluding access to encrypted files, writing compressed files, changing file ownership, access right.

Technically it's based on and a major improvement to the third generation Linux NTFS driver, ntfsmount. The improvements includes functionality, quality and performance enhancements.

Installation:

Make sure you have the basic Linux development tools and FUSE is correctly installed on your computer then type:

./configure
make
make install
# or 'sudo make install' if you aren't root.

Usage:

If there was no error during installation then you can mount NTFS volumes for read-write access (unmount them if they were already mounted by another NTFS driver.)

ntfs-3g /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows

If you want to give full access for all users, ignore permission related driver messages, and make national characters visible then use (drop or replace the below hu_HU.utf8 with the appropriate setting, and also the device and mount points, if needed).

ntfs-3g /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows -o silent,umask=0,locale=hu_HU.utf8

Please see the ntfs-3g manual page for more options and examples.

You can also make NTFS to be mounted during boot by ensuring that the FUSE kernel module is automatically loaded and by putting the below line into /etc/fstab

/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows ntfs-3g silent,umask=0,locale=hu_HU.utf8 0 0

Jotne

Vu+ Newbie
@NEUROSURGERY
Why do you need NTFS filesystem?
Why can you not format it to linux?
Do you swap this disk around?
It this internal disk? (inside the box), why do you then need NTFS?

adel sat

BH Lover
What problem do you have ?
Have you mapped your hdd in device panels ? (blu -> blu)
Post here the output of the command:
fdisk -l

Hi

I have the same problem. un fortunately, this image does not recognize my 2T seagate SATA internal HDD. HDD cannot be set in menu because of the
mentioned cause. of course it does not have any problem with pendrives

Linux is a hdd format I run all your commands The problem still

Attachments

• hdd.rar
    3 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.