BlackHole Vu+ Uno 1.6.5

el_zari

BH Lover
Drivers for MiniStick are under investigation for recent problems.

Angelo, As if it's any help, USB driver version 0.32 with BH 1.6.2 or BH 1.6.2 BETA (don´t remember) works in Front USB panel ,but USB version 0.34 NO!! :(

Thanks very much

REgards from Spain

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
About implementing HDMI-CEC: Still not working for my Philips TV.

I don't agree with the statement that HDMI-CEC is vendor specific only. There is a basic set and optional vendor specific extension in HDMI 1.3a
HDMI-CEC is not simple as it is two-way communication with capabilities exchange etc ;not just sending a straight command. Please read this link for more information

http://www.eetimes.com/design/audio...ntrol-CEC-technology-and-testing?pageNumber=1

To do it right there are two options:
1) Implement the basic set only. Don't use vendorID's with this. (Power On/Off, PortSelection and maybe volume/mute control)
2) Implement vendor version extensions. Must be configurable then via product selection
The implementation Onkyo made on their receivers follows approach 1) and works flawless with all brands that I am awareoff.
They proof it can be done with equipment supporting HDMI 1.3a or later. That is a hard requirement though.

dendulis

Vu+ Newbie
not BH 1.6.4 not BH 1.6.5 don work via HDMI-CEC with Samsung UE46D5000PW. I have also tryed differents HDMI cables (one of them work with set Coolstream NEO and TV Samsung - connection via Annynet works fine) , it don't work at all. Is it problems with TV or VU UNO ?

dudule22

Vu+ User
For HDMI_CEC :
If i use an ampli ONKYO, the config HDMI is VU -> Ampli HDMI 3-> TV HDMI 1.
This choice is impossible in HDMI_CEC menu (Maximun choice is VU -> Ampli HDMI2 -> TV HDMI2).

I install the plugin MultiQuickButton to test and now it is impossible to remove it. I try a backup without it, but it stays again.

Regards,

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
The current implementation of HDMI-CEC still has serious flaws. Having troubles? Don't spend time looking at cables as all should work. A setup panel where you need to specify the HDMI port you are connecting to actually is very strange as HDMI was developed specifically to find this out dynamically (making it plug and play). Other features are considred secondary.

It is possible to get a free design/testing document for HDMI-CEC from the HDMI organisation, but you need to be a registered member for this. Tried it myself without success.
It is not simple, so I am not blaiming anybody for not doing it correctly right away. Just try to help improving it..

I think you actually must pay royalties to use HDMI. Maybe somebody could get this document from the VU+ manufacturer as they should be officially registered deploying HDMI. Maybe they got those with the chipset though and did not apply for it directly. I am not aware of supplementary royalties for using HDMI-CEC.

Logan

Vip
The current implementation of HDMI-CEC still has serious flaws.
I think is unuseful that you continue to post always the same things about Hdmi-Cec.
Bh and Pli (meo, piterg and Sjaaki) have worked at it but there are two problems.
1) Problem the work of the teams is limited inside the Hdmi-Cec box drivers (Vu+ told that is working at it and we have to wait). So the automatic port detection cannot be done untile there will be available in the box drivers the ioctl function.
2) Many tv models are not compatible with standard Hdmi-Cec set of commands. Like for example rc passthrough is accepted in my Samsung anynet but is rejected by my Sony Bravia. And this is easly demostrated by many tests and debug.
So this is what can be done at the current state with Hdmi-Cec. We can only hope that there will be a better implementation in box drivers in the future. But not all will work with all tv models in every case.

sat gr

BH Lover
thanks for new image is in my vu uno :D

but again not have scripts in addond server for nfi and usb backup :confused:

i try some ways but i can't

i hope see this in next update my friends...

dudule22

Vu+ User
About RAM :

I don't understand why the memory is going up.
After, restart GUI it stays between 30 and 40 percent.
If we use mediaplayer to read a movie and after we stop it, the memory doesn't go to the first value.
It seems that some process are not kill.
Sometime the RAM is about 80 percents and the using is equal like after a restart GUI.

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
Image quality improved???

Am I the only one that has the illusion that the image improved with this release on the UNO.
Both menu's and actual picture seem to look sharper (more detailed) to me. Maybe it is just my perception?

po6ot

Vu+ Newbie
Have issue - when I loaded this image RCU stopped working, no response on any key. Now I am still on the first configuration screen with video interfaces and can not select anything ("OK" does not work). Help!

Tamaki

Administrator
Have issue - when I loaded this image RCU stopped working, no response on any key. Now I am still on the first configuration screen with video interfaces and can not select anything ("OK" does not work). Help!
Reboot it and try again, it should work.

Logan

Vip

This mean you have not the vu+ uno dedicated rc, needed with the latest drivers.