Blind Scanning using BH 2.16

el bandido

Vu+ User
A few years ago, I had similar problems on C band using multiple receivers connected to the same lnb because the receiver connectors or ports on the lnb were poorly isolated from each other. This caused problems between the receivers as you describe.

The BlackHole blindscan plugin could be modified to work using a 10700 lnb, but a good bit of information would have to be added to the Python file for the plugin. This is not something I want to do.

The Open BlackHole image is based on OpenPLi, and it has a better blindscan plugin with more features than the BlackHole blindscan plugin. I have modified the Open BlackHole blindscan plugin to accept a 10750 lnb, so you have blindscan on C Band, universal Ku, and 10750 Ku. I could probably change the 10750 part of this plugin to 10700 without a great deal of effort. The only problem is I do not have a 10700 lnb to test with, but I could probably test using a 10750 lnb and make it read 50 MHz off which would be correct for a 10700 l.o.

I have also had success using the modified blindscan plugn on a regular BlackHole image, but it has some issues as compared to other images that it was designed for such as Open BlackHole. I suggest trying the Open BlackHole image and see if you can use it. If it works good for you, Then I might see about changing my modified blindscan l.o. from 10750 to 10700.

Contact99

Vu+ User
Yes it would be great to have the blind scan plugin modified for 10700 LNB's for Open Blackhole as come to think of it all but one of the sats in our region that we mainly use have a local of 10700. My concern now is because I use so many Spaun Multiswitches and because all my boxes plug into them I have concerns that the problem that I have proven now 3 times that any boxes two boxes connected to the same Multiswitch are wiping each other out if the Sat settings are both set to universal.
Question!
If the above is the case what could be causing this? Could it be because of the 9750 and 10600 setting being used on universal and the Multiswitch is being confused (if I'm Correct) having two Local oscillators. Its lucky that we only have ONE Universal using Sat in our region.
Open Blackhole
It would be great to have the Open Blackhole Blind Scan function on C Band and 10700 but I do not know anyone that is using it and can let me know that what important features does it have missing from BH International.
My box using International BH 2.1.6 uses the Advanced Reception settings due to me having a good collection of Satellites dishes that use DISEqC 1.1 and 1.2 so the Open image must cater for this, Also Hbb TV would have to be a Go although I have been told that even BH 2.1.7 Hbb Tv is still not working correctly but on BH 2.1.6 and 7 some of the providers Hbb tv does work. I do Like for instance EXTRA CHANNEL SELECTION now can Open blackhole allow this Plugin to Work? What about my LCD4Linux that I have configured for BH images? what about my Picon's? and other.? Please note I do not use any IP TV stuff like XBMC and other so I will not miss that.

Due to myself relying on this marvelous box that gives me headaches sometimes I'm tempted of buying another just to play with and get it running the best it can with Open Blackhole so I can test Blind scanning, C/Ku 10700 Sats ( forget about the one and only sat that I look at that has universal settings) and get the box to match as much as possible the Original Duo2 and if the NEW Duo2 if I purchase it becomes as good as the first one I will then change the first Duo2 to have Open Blaclhole.

I need to study what the Open Pli images have and don't have compared to the latest BH images "eg" BH 2.1.6 and 7.

My luck would happen that if I did purchase another Duo2 and Duo3 would come out the following week.

el bandido

Vu+ User
Universal lnb should not bother a Multiswitch. You can try turning the 22KHz tone ON in your antenna settings for the non-universal lnbs to see if the switch acts any different. The 22KHz tone is what switches the l.o. frequencies in the universal lnb, so this tone would be On for any transponder above 11700 MHz.

I suggest making a backup copy of the image you have now, then load Open BlackHole and try it. Then if you do not like it, you can reload the backup image. Most of the things you have customized should transfer to Open BlackHole.

New and better receivers should be available before the end of 2015. I also need another eceiver, but will wait until the new receivers come out before buying another one.

Contact99

Vu+ User
New and better receivers should be available before the end of 2015. I also need another eceiver, but will wait until the new receivers come out before buying another one.

I might wait to see what pops up later this year or I might buy another duo2 as I need another hand control as mine is getting lazy on two buttons