blindscan available

iwols

Vu+ Newbie
O dear think that might have poo pood that purchase then,seems a shame,do any of the newer boxes have it cheers

iwols

Vu+ Newbie
seems strange that with them both being new receivers that only the duo2 has blindscan and not the solo2,is there a chance the solo 2 might get it as well or is it a hardware thing cheers iwols

iwols

Vu+ Newbie
hi guys was thinking of buying a solo 2 then duo 2 but there seems to be a lot of debate if the boxes can do blind scan or not and if it is hardware or software blindscan at that,thought it should be a simple question,so might give the box a miss as blindscan is something i do use ah well thanks for everyones input

boyofford

Vu+ User
Simple answer is blindscan doesn't work with solo2, and not sure if it will in the future.

If you've got the cash I would definitely go for duo2, other advantages are transcoding is supposed to work better.
I would of upgraded but it is a larger box than solo2 and won't fit in my media centre shelving I built. Check out dimensions as its a big box.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

el bandido

Vu+ User
hi guys was thinking of buying a solo 2 then duo 2 but there seems to be a lot of debate if the boxes can do blind scan or not and if it is hardware or software blindscan at that,thought it should be a simple question,so might give the box a miss as blindscan is something i do use ah well thanks for everyones input
I have the Duo2 and the blindscan on it could be described as poor. The blind scan runs on a plugin which seems to be identical to the blindscan plugin on my AzBox Premium Plus.
You can only blindscan tuner A, Ku band. None of the other tuners will work with this plugin. I have not been able to blindscan any DVB-S2 transponders or any C band transponders. The blindscan does work very fast when compared to the AzBox Premium Plus running E2 firmware. The Duo2 blindscan is very slow when compared to other cheap fta receivers such as those with Ali chipsets.

Overall, I think the Duo2 is an excellent receiver but the poor blindscan or no blindscan is making this receiver unusable or unattractive to a lot of people. EB

iwols

Vu+ Newbie
yes the blindscan is poor at the minute although the duo 2 is a superb receiver,just hope something can be sorted for those who do use it ,great work though guys

el bandido

Vu+ User
I find the blindscan to be acceptable but needing improvement in the OpenVIX 776 build. The blindscan used in this firmware works on both c and ku bands. It works on every tuner I have tested(A,B,C). It also scans the skinny transponders down to 1000SR. I hope the blindscan can be improved in the Black Hole images!

iwols

Vu+ Newbie
not tried the openvix ,started with bh and found no problem with it exept the blindscan,do hope bh get better blindscan ,im sure the bh team have the expertise to do it,really would be great ,has it is such a good image/box

iwols

Vu+ Newbie
I find the blindscan to be acceptable but needing improvement in the OpenVIX 776 build. The blindscan used in this firmware works on both c and ku bands. It works on every tuner I have tested(A,B,C). It also scans the skinny transponders down to 1000SR. I hope the blindscan can be improved in the Black Hole images!
what needs improving in the openvix image regards blindscan

el bandido

Vu+ User
There several minor issues I have found with the OpenVIX blindscan. I will mention a couple of them.
(1) The blindscan is too slow when compared to a lot of receivers. The receiver seems to find the transponders rather quickly, but it is common to see the receiver hang 3- 5 minutes while trying to scan a found transponder for channels.
(2) The setting "Only scan unknown transponders" seems to do exactly that. If it finds a transponder that is already in the .XML file, then that transponder will not be scanned for channels. So this feature does not have much use for me.

To give credit, the OpenVix blindscan does a very good job about finding transponders and the channels that are on them. I have seen it pull ku band channels from transponders with a Symbol Rate of about 1100. This is good! Not all fta receivers with blindscan are capable of that.

Blindscan is a very important feature in North America for a fta receiver because the fta transponders may not be known, and there may not be any information published about them.

bala240

Vu+ Newbie
Dear Bill can you point to where we can download the image from which supports blindscan in Vu+ Solo 2! Is the blindscan plugin built in or we need to install it separately? Regards
Iqbal Bhawana