Booting the VU+

ab9adr

Vu+ User
Hy everybody, I have a problem with my VU+ Solo, when I shutdown (not standby) the box or cut the electricity, and I want to boot it again the green led turn on, but the box don't boot. I have to turn it down again and try again and again untill the box boot. I don't know if it's normal or my box has a hardware problem; because I have the same problem with all images :)

Dzoni

BH Lover
Try to wait 10sec after You turned off Your box and after that turn on Your box. Some boxes need to wait for discharge electricity.

Dzoni

BH Lover
Hmm,If You have same problems on all images after FRESH installation I think that You need to contact Your seller and explain him a problem.Probably You have warranty and it will be fixed.

a911

The BH Lover
Thanks all for your help :) Can you explain me how to do it please :)

menu>setup>Factory Setup!

And please know that , I've never test that funcation!
I think it will put the box into the original mode and factory image, so make a backup of your settings!
But I see no harm 4U 2do it with all the issues U have with U'r box,,!

ab9adr

Vu+ User
menu>setup>Factory Setup!

And please know that , I've never test that funcation!
I think it will put the box into the original mode and factory image, so make a backup of your settings!
But I see no harm 4U 2do it with all the issues U have with U'r box,,!

It doesn't do so mush, it's like if you have just instaled the BH image the box reboot and you're in the wizard (it's just for info :))

ab9adr

Vu+ User
Did You resolved Your boot problem or will need to contact seller ?

Not yet. I'll contact the seller, but it's complicated because we are not in the same country :D but I think that's not big deal so maybe I'll just use it like this :p

chunkyman

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
I thought I'll chip in some moral support....my Vu+ Solo does that too.
For it to resume after a hard reset, it takes over 15 minutes!
I tried factory reset, different images, rebooting with no USB pen drive attached, even unplugged the network cable, nothing changed.
Now I installed the VIX image and it seemed to have settled down.
Found VIX and it's ability to download everything from the blue panel very helpful for the beginner!

ab9adr

Vu+ User
Hi,
I thought I'll chip in some moral support....my Vu+ Solo does that too.
For it to resume after a hard reset, it takes over 15 minutes!
I tried factory reset, different images, rebooting with no USB pen drive attached, even unplugged the network cable, nothing changed.
Now I installed the VIX image and it seemed to have settled down.
Found VIX and it's ability to download everything from the blue panel very helpful for the beginner!
My box doesn't take so much time to boot but doesn't boot and when it works it take maybe 30-50 secs

bob robinson

Vu+ Newbie
Hy everybody, I have a problem with my VU+ Solo, when I shutdown (not standby) the box or cut the electricity, and I want to boot it again the green led turn on, but the box don't boot. I have to turn it down again and try again and again untill the box boot. I don't know if it's normal or my box has a hardware problem; because I have the same problem with all images :)

Hi. I had the same problem with my solo. The problem was solved by switching off the power,disconnecting the dish,switch the stb on and wait 15secs and plug the dish back. Worked for me.

meim

Vu+ Newbie
My receiver is VU+ solo. I deleted folder enigma2 and script, then i'm trying to install a black hold image through USB Now I have this problem:
My tv doesn't detect nothing on HDMI port and AV cable no signal.

Help me, Thank you.

a911

The BH Lover
My receiver is VU+ solo. I deleted folder enigma2 and script, then i'm trying to install a black hold image through USB Now I have this problem:
My tv doesn't detect nothing on HDMI port and AV cable no signal.

Help me, Thank you.

1st- What do U see @ the box small window : red light, green light, starting up or vu,,,etc?
2nd- What BH image did U install...and did it say, if the latest image requires changing/up grading the boot loader?
3rd- Check the cables and use ether AV or HDMI!

meim

Vu+ Newbie
  1. green light (I can see the led flashing when I press buttons on the remote).
  2. black hold 1.6.6 (After I installed the original image v6).
  3. I used other HDMI cable.
I have a problem like this (but I didn't have a electric disconnection):
Code:
http://www.vuplus-support.org/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=17608&threadview=0&hilight&hilightuser=0&page=1
and this:
Code:
http://www.satstation.co.uk/forum/f21-vu-solo/vu-solo-wont-come-back-after-restart-just-stays-green-light-help-needed-please-1680/
No external links to other Board PLEASE! By angelofsky1980

a911

The BH Lover
Check your connection cable or try to use other TV for trial !
Your problem is there...I think!
At the A/V system ,there is somthing has been changed!