Bootlogo

mamad_hv

Vu+ Newbie
Hello I used the VTI image, but when I hit the blackhole image on the receiver, the boot always shows the VTI image logo on the receiver. How can I solve this problem?

AlexWilMac

If you downloaded BH from this forum it should not be possible such a thing, as the file splash_auto.bin is always contained it the vuplus folder.
Try and put only the file I attach (unzipped, of course) in the pendrive.
I mean, you need the same folders structure you have to flash an image
vuplus/name_of_your_box
but the most internal folder must contain only this file.
Anyway, is far too strange, if you installed an official image downloaded from this forum, you have no BH bootlogo.
Unless... you installed it in OMB (multiboot): did you?

Attachments

• splash_auto.bin.zip
    28.2 KB · Views: 34

mamad_hv

Vu+ Newbie
I downloaded the image from this forum. First the bootlogo of the previous image comes, then the bootlogo of the previous image comes, then the boot logo of the blackhole image.
I think in one of the boot image folders the previous image logo still remains but I do not know which folder.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Strange... Are not you with OpenMultiboot?

Removes the USB Pen, reboot and places a print from the info (About)

AlexWilMac

It's the bootlogo, of course. And, as a bitmap image, is the same for all VU+: is a piece of graphics.
The fact is that, as I said, it should have been it the folder you obtained unzipping the image file. That's why we are all dazzled...
Only installing an image in OMB does not chance the starting bootlogo. Are we talking about the very first screen you see switchin on the VU+ (or performing a complete reboot)?
Trying it is for free, though.

mamad_hv

Vu+ Newbie
During the full reboot, the previous image logo remains.
Does installing this file not damage the receiver?
By the way, let me say this I raised this problem in the vti forum and there is no solution to say.

AlexWilMac

No: it's in the vuplus folder creted by the zip install file, of course. This is the INITIAL bootlogo, the one that appears as first thing. The other ones appear at the moment of booting the image.
You can flash jut and only this file.
For instance, I do the opposite: as I have my own customised splash_auto.bin bootlogo, before flashing an image by a USB stick, I delete this file in order not to have mine replaced by the classic BlackHole bootlogo.
If you change the extension of this file from .bin to .jpeg, you can see it.

Attachments

• splash_auto.jpeg
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 24

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Will you just put these two files on the pen, put on the box, and perform normal flash procedements?

XC2npd8.png