Bought Solo2 and what a nightmare!!! Can't find any channels...

spiderman01

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there!!!

Before I bought the solo 2 this was set up: Motorized dish with one LNB two outputs: One aerial cable went to Spiderbox HD9000 downstairs and the second one to official Spanish Digital + receiver upstairs. I could be watching any Spanish channel in Astra 19.2 upstairs as long as the Spiderbox downstairs was pointing at Astra 19.2. So, I could be watching Spanish channels in both TVs. Of Couse, when I changed Spiderbox to Astra 28.2 I would lose signal upstairs.

Now I want to put VU+ Solo2 downstairs and take the Spiderbox upstairs.

I have spent all morning trying to set up the motor to pick up channels with my new VU+ Solo2 (I have tried upstairs because less hassle with less equipment connected while mother in law was watching Astra 2 downstairs) and the receiver hasn't picked up any channel. What am I doing wrong? I have done:

Setup

Service Searching

Tuner Configuration

Tuner A

Configuration mode=simple//mode positioner// and I introduce my longitude and latitude.

AND DOES'NT FIND ANYTHING!!!! Can you guys please help someone who is losing his mind? Thanks

Mick12334

Your receiver shouldn't be able to pick up the motor upstairs, if I'm reading your post correctly.

It sounds like you have a motorized dish, with a twin output LNB, 2 cables, one of which, the one downstairs, should be connected to your motor, judging by your post.

Try setting your VU+ Solo 2 Tuner to Simple, Single and select Astra 2, 19.2E.
Ensure your cable is connected to Tuner A, and not Tuner B.

Please post back, with teh results, and more information.

Matrix10

Administrator
Hi there!!!

Before I bought the solo 2 this was set up: Motorized dish with one LNB two outputs: One aerial cable went to Spiderbox HD9000 downstairs and the second one to official Spanish Digital + receiver upstairs. I could be watching any Spanish channel in Astra 19.2 upstairs as long as the Spiderbox downstairs was pointing at Astra 19.2. So, I could be watching Spanish channels in both TVs. Of Couse, when I changed Spiderbox to Astra 28.2 I would lose signal upstairs.

Now I want to put VU+ Solo2 downstairs and take the Spiderbox upstairs.

I have spent all morning trying to set up the motor to pick up channels with my new VU+ Solo2 (I have tried upstairs because less hassle with less equipment connected while mother in law was watching Astra 2 downstairs) and the receiver hasn't picked up any channel. What am I doing wrong? I have done:

Setup

Service Searching

Tuner Configuration

Tuner A

Configuration mode=simple//mode positioner// and I introduce my longitude and latitude.

AND DOES'NT FIND ANYTHING!!!! Can you guys please help someone who is losing his mind? Thanks

Put receiver downstairs and will work.
There will be a good configuration for your motor.

If you like to use VU+ Solo2 as an additional rather than the main receiver that drives motor.
Upstairs you must then use advanced configuration without diseqc ..None
All satellites must use the same LNB >> LNB1
You must configure each satellite separately , one by one.
Advanced configuration without diseqc .

spiderman01

Vu+ Newbie
I have brought the VU+ Solo 2 downstairs, where the Spiderbox used to be. I left the Satellite in Astra 2 when I disconnected the Spiderbox. So, I have now put the Solo2 connected (the only aerial cable goes to LNB2 In, as it says in the manual when you have only one aerial cable connected) and I have followed:

Setup

Service Searching

Tuner Configuration

Tuner A

Manual Scan choosing about 10 different satellites ……

AND NOTHING AGAIN!!!

spiderman01

Vu+ Newbie
It has gone now to Astra 2, and in Astra 1 19.2 E it has only found 88 channels? At least it is findinf something but what is going on???

Mick12334

What image do you have loaded?
Are you certain you have entered your Latitude, and Longitude, correctly?
Remember negative Longitude readings = West, Positive = East.

spiderman01

Vu+ Newbie
I bought the Solo2 receiver yesterday from World of Satellite. It has got the latest OpenVix image. The satellite cable is connected to LNB in 2, as per instructions of the reciever for when you only have one cable connected. I left the dish pointing at ASTRA 1 19.2 E when I disconnected the Spiderbox. I have set up turner B in Simple, positioner, and these figures: 005.XXX west 051.XXX North. Turner A is in loopthrough B. In the Manual search I have enable the Satellites that I want to search and right now is doing Service scan: Its past EUTELSAT 7E without finding anything . It is in hotbird and its only found 10 channels after 25% done.

What am I doing wrong?

Mick12334

Your Latitude, and Longitude, roughly place you in the South West UK, is this correct?
Check with dishpointer.com, just type in your postcode and check your general latitude, and longitude.

Mick12334

On dishpointer that comes up with Latitude 51.5N Longitude0.543W, which could explain your problem, change your logitude from 5.xx W to 0.5xx W and see what that does.

AlexWilMac

BH has a very comfy functions to organise channels: the bouquets.
Create one or more bouquet and put there your favourite channels. All the other ones will be always there but they won't make your list too crowdy.
This operation would be faster if you use a software to manage your VU+ from your computer (like, for instance, DreamboxEdit for Windows or iDreamX for Mac).
The first bouquet in the bouquets' list will assign the channels number from 1 on.

spiderman01

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you very much guys for your help!!! I have spent yesterday 24 hours trying to set up box the way i want it and it seems a daunting task. I can see the potential of this receiver but I don't know... The wife and the mother in law are already complaining because it is nothing like the Spiderbox when it comes to channel selection and menus. They only watch Spanish channles in 19.2 Astra via Movistar + provider and although I see mainly a skin to simulate the main English provider in Astra 28.2, I cant find anything for Movistar + (formerly Digital +).

Thank you guys anyway. Very much appreciated your support.