Box only responsive without internal HDD connected

Chad07

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All,

First off, I appreciate the help of anyone who takes the time to respond to my thread.

I've been trying to get IPTV and KODI working on my Vu+ Solo2 SE and as part of that have flashed my box.

I'm not an expert by any means but the file name I used when flashing was "BlackHole-3.0.3-vusolo2_usb_release_20170327_314dfbf" - it took me ages but it flashed in the end.

I then loaded the IPTV app through Putty and it restarted Enigma2...ever since then the device starts to boot and you can see the Blackhole logo...then gets to the blue VU+ Black Hole but then just sits there at 'Starting GUI'

Now I've been here a number of times before when the box isn't connected to the satellite but the box is always responsive on the network and responds to buttons pressed on the remote....this time it just does nothing............

Unless I disconnect the HDD. Now it's booting and I can even open the last app that I installed....

Any ideas please? How do I get my HDD back in and working?

Thanks again,
Steve

Mick12334

There is no such VU+ model, as the VU+ Solo2 SE, official versions include:
VU+ Solo 2
VU+ Solo SE
VU+ Solo SE v2

Clone models include the VU+ Solo2 SE.
If you are using a clone model you will not get any help, on this forum.
If using a VU+ Solo 2, you need to remove the files/folders, on your hard drive, that are causing the problem.

Chad07

Vu+ Newbie
I think it's the VU+ Solo SE v2 then as there is a little 2 after Solo...so that must mean version 2

How would you go about tracking down the offending files?

Mick12334

That would make it a VU+ Solo2.
Each Blackhole version only works with the correct VU+ model.
Solo2.jpg

Using Filezilla, or other program, try connecting from your PC and delete any folder labelled Kodi, on your hard drive.
Look in the media folder, hdd sub folder.

Last edited: