Duo2 Can Duo2 stream to 2 different PC users?

adem0x

Vu+ Newbie
I am doing some pre-purchase research on Duo2, but I seem to have hit a disappointing snag; on which I'd appreciate input from the more experienced.

This is basically the hardware I intend to use:
  • Duo2
  • 2 C/T cards.
  • Gigabit wired LAN.
It all looked like a simple use-case until I asked a technician (at local distributor) this seemingly simple question: "Can 2 PC users (A and B) watch TV channels of their choice over the network?"

I was told "No, Duo2 cannot do that. You can only stream one channel at any given time".

Could this be true?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I didn't test yet on two PC's. But at this moment, I'm watching one channel on Solo2 (quite same as Duo2 testing conditions), and two others on one PC. One in direct streaming on port 8001, other one transcoded on port 8002. (3 tuners at work, 2 Solo2 built in DVB-S2, 1 USB DVB-T stick)
BH 2.0.9, WLAN 54 Mbit/s

PS: My opinion is that is possible, but I have to verify. (I didn't test yet DLNA and tuner server too).

adem0x

Vu+ Newbie
I didn't test yet on two PC's. But at this moment, I'm watching one channel on Solo2 (quite same as Duo2 testing conditions), and two others on one PC. One in direct streaming on port 8001, other one transcoded on port 8002.

You already seem to be doing much of what I intend to do.

The only difference might be that I would want to do direct streaming (i.e. no transcoding, hence less CPU demand) on both ports 8001 and 8002 (say) and let them be accessed from 2 distinct PCs instead of one.

So, let me ask this: Can you stream different channels (simultaneously) on those 2 ports to 2 clients in one PC?

If so, shouldn't it be basically the same as streaming to one client each in 2 PCs?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
@adem0x : I tested now 2 client PC's on port 8001, 2 different channels, working OK. VLC player, FTA SD channels.
So that's what you asked and what you need.
I consider to buy 3rd USB tuner (doesn't costs much - 30 €) for TV output (would be nice to have it for smartphone 8002 port transcoding too), just to have full access to two DVB-T/C built in tuners from two PC's (Any MUX available for both of tuners.)

jan ptak

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, in my case, once Ive feed my Duo2 with two separate cables from dual converter on antenna I can independently watch / stream / record two channels (in some cases 4 channels).
So You need to provide 2 independent cables to Vu duo2 and it ill work. Thats the case with all other dual tuner sat recievers - not only Vu+.
If You have only one cable You can watch /record two tv-shows but they need to be on the same transpoder/package.