Can the Vu+ Duo match my Topfield 5800?

m-vs1

Vu+ Newbie
Very keen to buy one of these, but I need to know if it will do any of the following. Help is v much appreciated:

1. with a Hdd does the VU+ record to a buffer without having to tell it to record, so that I can rewind TV. Handy if I miss something - my current pvr (topfield 5800) records 1hr of the current channel to buffer)
2. Can I then choose to record that programme from the beginning?
3. What format does it record in - need to edit programmes on TV (I'm a teacher so use snippets in class)
4. Is it possible to jump forward and backwards a predetermined number of seconds/minutes to skip adverts?

Many thanks
Barry

a911

The BH Lover
Very keen to buy one of these, but I need to know if it will do any of the following. Help is v much appreciated:

1. with a Hdd does the VU+ record to a buffer without having to tell it to record, so that I can rewind TV. Handy if I miss something - my current pvr (topfield 5800) records 1hr of the current channel to buffer)
There is a plug called permanent time shift,,,,U can download and use it for that purpose ( I think it record to the Hard Disk)
2. Can I then choose to record that programme from the beginning?
I do not know,never used that plug in.
3. What format does it record in - need to edit programmes on TV (I'm a teacher so use snippets in class)
I think its .TS format (search google for more detail of this format)
4. Is it possible to jump forward and backwards a predetermined number of seconds/minutes to skip adverts?
Yes...!

In conclusion VU+ is very powerful STB.
A
nd with BH image installed on it, that will make the STB>>> User Friendly and a lot of FUN .

Many thanks
Barry