Can you give channels specific channel numbers on a VU+ box?

Montay

Vu+ Newbie
My family are used to using a Freest box which was connected to a Sky dish. I'm upgrading to the VU+ for it's recording facilities and the option of adding catch up services.

However is it possible to set the new box up with custom channel numbers to reflect the channel numbers on the old box which the kids and everyone are used to?

For example..

101 - BBC One
102 - BBC 2
104 - Channel 4
503 - BBC News

yummer

BH Lover
My family are used to using a Freest box which was connected to a Sky dish. I'm upgrading to the VU+ for it's recording facilities and the option of adding catch up services.

However is it possible to set the new box up with custom channel numbers to reflect the channel numbers on the old box which the kids and everyone are used to?

For example..

101 - BBC One
102 - BBC 2
104 - Channel 4
503 - BBC News
You can download a plugin called autobouquet to make life easier for yourself. Or there is a channel editor called dreamboxedit which is available for download out of the tools and settings section.

If your a newbie I'd install autobouquet maker though as it numbers them up ala sly numbers

Montay

Vu+ Newbie
You can download a plugin called autobouquet to make life easier for yourself. Or there is a channel editor called dreamboxedit which is available for download out of the tools and settings section.

If your a newbie I'd install autobouquet maker though as it numbers them up ala sly numbers

Autoboquet seems to just add the channel number into the name of the channel. It doesn't change the actual channel number from what I can tell.

What does Dreambox Edit do?

For example. I'd like some way of putting in 503 and going to BBC News

yummer

BH Lover
Autoboquet seems to just add the channel number into the name of the channel. It doesn't change the actual channel number from what I can tell.

What does Dreambox Edit do?

For example. I'd like some way of putting in 503 and going to BBC News
Dreamboxedit you can move or put your channels any where ya want mate.

a911

The BH Lover
Look into attachments
and use this option for viewing with MS word ( 2 pages) >>> Screenshot_1.png

:thanks: SGTFlipFlop (DKaos) !

Attachments

• Here is how.zip
    329.8 KB · Views: 30