Cannot access Network Drives on OpenBh 5

Azam

Vu+ Newbie
I am having problems accessing my network drives on OpenBh 5.

I have done a clean install of OpenBh 5 on both my boxes (Vu+Solo2 and Vu+Uno4k). Installed in flash and running in OpenMultiboot (OMB). I am able to see the drive when it scans in network neighbourhood but as soon as I select the drive the box locks up. Same happens on both boxes.

No problems accessing the network drives when I boot into my saved image OBH 4.4 on OMB.

Am I the only one with this issue?

This is what I have installed.

photo_2021-11-28_15-23-53.jpg

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Duo 4K and Uno 4KSE with OBH 5.0.001 no problem:

onpLxKp.png

jyzzCp7.png

First of all, it erases all assembly points.

Do not use the blue button > Explorer and network assemblies - Go to Settings > Network and Internet> Manage Mounting> Add New Mounting Point - Enter the values manually.

Azam

Vu+ Newbie
Using the manual method (thanks p.rodrigues) I was able to create 'NFS' mounts. However, I am still unable to create 'CIFS' mounts. System does not recognise CIFS for some reason.

In OBH 4.4 the way network mounts were handled seemed different.

I'll keep trying. Maybe future online updates will produce success for me.

Thanks
Azam

Azam

Vu+ Newbie
I have installed all the recent online updates but still unable to add a CIFS mount.
Am I the only one with this issue?

Azam

Vu+ Newbie
I managed to add the CIFS drives eventually.
It worked when I put in the username/password for the drive in the 'Mounts Editor'. For some reason it didn't work when I originally put them in Mount Manager/User Management.

In OBH 4.4 it was easier using Network Neighbourhood but in OBH 5 the box freezes when I use that.

Anyways, thanks for everybody's help.

Azam

AlexWilMac

In OBH 4.4 it crashes (or, at least, it did some times ago) if you directly try to give the user/pwd and it only works specifying them along with the mount creation.