Cannot wake up from standby Ultimo 4K

daviduzzo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all, after mount hdd nfs share on my linux pc, Vu Ultimo 4K is unable to wake up from standby, I need everytime to mantaining press power on remote to reboot it. Is it known issue? Is there a solution? Thanks

AlexWilMac

Just to be clear: your VU+ does not even switch on from standby or it does and then it gets stuck?
What kind of mounting have you set? Usually FSTAB (mounting at boot) is the more effective. I don't suggest, instead, the AUTOFS mode.
And what happens if you switch the power of and then perform a complete reboot?

daviduzzo

Vu+ Newbie
Just to be clear: your VU+ does not even switch on from standby or it does and then it gets stuck?
What kind of mounting have you set? Usually FSTAB (mounting at boot) is the more effective. I don't suggest, instead, the AUTOFS mode.
And what happens if you switch the power of and then perform a complete reboot?

Thanks for your support in advance.
So, the Vu+ it's stuck on standby mode. If I reboot it, then all seems works but since "morning" when I try to wake up it and it refused.
At the moment is in this way, I left it on purpose so if you need to check some parameters under your advice. I could post some logs or terminal outup if you need.
And yes the mount is on autofs, because fstab and xsystemd both failed. Now the mount works smoothly but to cause a bigger problem with Vu wake up
Sorry I didn't answer your last question. Do you suggest switch power?

AlexWilMac

Yes, this is IT... ;)
There is a famous joke here whose moral is: in IT, when something doesn't work, first of all reboot (particularly with windows, I add:D).

If you'll have again problems, just post your mount options. For instance: did you set the NAS as substitute of the HDD? I wouldn't to that, for instance.

daviduzzo

Vu+ Newbie
I did, switch power and complete reboot. For now it's working, but the problem arises after hours (I suspend on night and cant wake up on morning). maybe it has something to do with auto hdd spin down after 30 minutes,
but I can't be sure
meanwhile, I hope your suggestion has worked in the long run too

daviduzzo

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, this is IT... ;)
For instance: did you set the NAS as substitute of the HDD? I wouldn't to that, for instance.

If I understand what did you mean, no I only use NFS principally and smb to transfer file from and to ultimo hdd

Or maybe Do You mean I should have created a separate hdd partition to use just for samba and nfs shares? It's a single sata port motherboard, wich option do you suggest to separate hdd and nas on ultimo?

Last edited:

AlexWilMac

No, it's my fault: reading the word "share" I assumed it was a NAS, not a HDD.
It's a long, long time I don't connect HDD.
But, then, if I understand well: you connect this HDD to the VU+ but then you use samba to transfer files? Am I right. If so, why?
OBH is very comfy at managing files, browsing folders, move, copy, rename and play them. And if you have a Linux PC, you don't have ANY reasons not to choose Ext3 or Ext4 f.s. for your external hdd, in my view!
I would understand if you had the poor windows where Ext3 and Ext4 are manageable by not good external utilities. But you use Linux! ;)
So, just connect it and mount it as /media/usb/ (not indispensable, thought) and use OBH itself to play/move/delete files.
Or, as an alternative, EMC because it's able to select multiple files, in case it's a need.

daviduzzo

Vu+ Newbie
Hdd on VuUltimo Is internal. Maybe I should separate It and USB stick: USB stick as hdd internal and hdd as Just network shared point. But I am afraid of combining some disaster with the mount points and maybe losing the files contained in the hdd. could you suggest me a safe strategy? To tell the truth I don't even know how to set the mount point on the vu +: once connected the internal hdd it did everything by itself mounting it in /mnt/hdd
EDIT hdd is an 8tb ext4

Last edited:

daviduzzo

Vu+ Newbie
That's really strange, it seems there's no partition and not partition table :blink:

Code:
root@vuultimo4k:~# gdisk -l /dev/sda1
GPT fdisk (gdisk) version 1.0.4

Partition table scan:
  MBR: not present
  BSD: not present
  APM: not present
  GPT: not present

Creating new GPT entries in memory.
Disk /dev/sda1: 15628050432 sectors, 7.3 TiB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512/4096 bytes
Disk identifier (GUID): 1F00FD71-3942-4D71-96E9-DE6F825070EF
Partition table holds up to 128 entries
Main partition table begins at sector 2 and ends at sector 33
First usable sector is 34, last usable sector is 15628050398
Partitions will be aligned on 2048-sector boundaries
Total free space is 15628050365 sectors (7.3 TiB)

Number  Start (sector)    End (sector)  Size       Code  Name

AlexWilMac

I confess: I completely misunderstood everything but... ;) you have your role in this! An internal HDD as nothing to do to "nfs shares".
In case, a PC connected to the same network, needs to create a share.

Are you sure about the ff.s. you chose? Are you sure it's Ext4? Because if, as you said, you did "everything" by the image, its default is to format as Ext4.
So, assuming is an Ext4, please, grab the same screen I attach by pressing BLUE/BLUE/Device manager.

Then, we'll go on, without getting crazy :)

Attachments

• MountPoint.jpg
    MountPoint.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 9

daviduzzo

Vu+ Newbie
I probably couldn't explain myself well from the start, this hdd, inside vu ultimo, is shared over network through nfs and smb (/etc/exports --> /media/hdd 192.168.1.55(blablabla) and /etc/samba/smb.conf --> Harddisk /media/hdd)
the problem occurred when I mounted nfs from my pc --> IP-VU-ULTIMO-4K/media/hdd. but so far your advice to cut the power seems to work.

Attachments

• to@alexwilmac.jpg
    to@alexwilmac.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 6

AlexWilMac

1) OK, but I couldn't understand even because there should be no link between the fact you shared this HDD to your PC and the VU+ behaviour. I think is unrelated. VU+ is a passive actor in this case. I suspect it was not this the cause of your issue.
2) as you see, you haven't mapped your hdd: please do it and assign it as /media/hdd by browsing the options. OBH is able to work even without mapping a unit but maybe the PC's OS works better (I don't know, because I use the next approach, as of point 3) ;).
3) The most effective way to read/write files from a PC to the VU+ HDD is not the share, too much dependent on the PC O.S. and its actions, but a FTP client like Filezilla or similar.

daviduzzo

Vu+ Newbie
1) OK, but I couldn't understand even because there should be no link between the fact you shared this HDD to your PC and the VU+ behaviour. I think is unrelated. VU+ is a passive actor in this case. I suspect it was not this the cause of your issue.
2) as you see, you haven't mapped your hdd: please do it and assign it as /media/hdd by browsing the options. OBH is able to work even without mapping a unit but maybe the PC's OS works better (I don't know, because I use the next approach, as of point 3) ;).
3) The most effective way to read/write files from a PC to the VU+ HDD is not the share, too much dependent on the PC O.S. and its actions, but a FTP client like Filezilla or similar.
Ok maybe it's not related but I noticed after I configured nfs mount on pc, probably I mistake and there was just a simple "cut power and solve" :D better this way
But how can I map /dev/sda1 ? From screen I've posted I have no options: just "OK" and "Exit"

daviduzzo

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry for stupid question, but the skin fail in this way not showing nothing, I pressed green and setted. Very thanks for all your support! if I can ask you one last thing: could you suggest me a plugin for file browser/ file manager?

AlexWilMac

With OBH there's no really such a need, but I sometimes used DreamExplorer. But, as it is 100 times more comfortable to do operations by Filezilla, I saved this space and deleted it ;)

daviduzzo

Vu+ Newbie
@Alexwilmac unfortunately the problem has come back. Standby in the evening and can't wake up in the morning. Excluding the connection problem with nfs mounting on the pc, what could be due to?

AlexWilMac

The internal HDD cannot be: it is property of the VU+ not of an external PC. So the problem must be somewhere else: some faulty plugin or else.
But, if you have doubts about that, just remove the "share" from your PC and see what happens.
I repeat: there is no point in using a share to copy and manage files in your VU+ internal HDD: this is a job much more effectively possible by Filezilla or other FTP clients.

daviduzzo

Vu+ Newbie
I think I found where the problem Is and as you said nfs mounting on PC doesn't mean. It's CEC problem: if I shutdown TV, ultimo goes to sleep but I'm unable to wake up It. Otherwise if I go to settings --> standby and After that I shutdown TV all it's ok.