can't flash my vu+ solo2

adrian kelly

Vu+ Newbie
i can't seem to flash my vu+solo2, followed all instructions, download image to usb, format fat32, box off put in usb, box on, just keeps starting up, I've tried 3 usb sticks and no luck, any suggestions?

Mick12334

You seem to have printed the instructions backwards, and you haven't mentioned holding in your power button, on boot up.
Format USB stick to FAT 32, download correct Black Hole image, for the VU+ Solo 2, unzip and load the vuplus folder onto your USB stick.
Power off your receiver, insert USB stick, power on receiver and hold in the power button.
If it isn't working try a different USB stick.

adrian kelly

Vu+ Newbie
no I've tried 3 different usb sticks now and no luck, i have a vix image on the box already, can there some setting or something stopping me from flashing a new image?

Mito

Administrator
no I've tried 3 different usb sticks now and no luck, i have a vix image on the box already, can there some setting or something stopping me from flashing a new image?
Do you have another usb stick or an hdd connected to your solo2?

adrian kelly

Vu+ Newbie
I'm sorry now but from what i gather eventho I've used 3 different usb sticks already i still need to try a different one? do i need to disconnect my hdd in some way?

Mick12334

No, unless the 3 USB sticks are all by the same manufacturer, it means please remove any other USB stick connected, e.g. one used for Picons, and disconnect the harddrive, just the cables, as these could be interfering with the update.

adrian kelly

Vu+ Newbie
I'm now at a loose end disconnected the hard drive tried all 3 usb sticks again and nothing.... like i flashed the vix image on when i got the box with 1 of them usb sticks and now it won't work, any1 got a link to a blackhole image that definitely works, will any of the other usb ports flash the image or is it only the front 1 so i can't rule out broken usb port?

adrian kelly

Vu+ Newbie
i recently bought a macbook air , which I'm sorry i did cause its a way different to any other laptop and stops me from downloading a lot of programs, anyway ill get used of it i suppose, once I've downloaded the image is there anything i have to do to it before i copy it to the usb stick?

Robocop1967

Vu+ User
It's easy enough mate once you've done it a couple of times.Just unzip the file with winzip/7zip etc then you'll find a folder called Blackhole 2.1.4 vusolo2 usb.Open that one and you'll find a folder called vuplus.Send that to a formatted fat32 usb stick and follow the flashing procedure as you have already been shown.Nowts the bother!

bighun

Vu+ Newbie
try using this tool from hp
Code:
http://download.cnet.com/HP-USB-Disk-Storage-Format-Tool/3000-2094_4-10974082.html

Last edited by a moderator:

adrian kelly

Vu+ Newbie
thanks so much for all your help finally sorted now, so i got a new usb stick, format fat32, downloaded the link from robocop1967, disconnected hard drive, in usb, power on box and it worked, don't know what did it but thanks for your persistence with me!!