cant upload new images

birdman99

Vu+ User
Hve duo and was running 172 but was advised to try 178.
Funny but seems i cant do boot or new image.
the normal way just isnt working and the box is just starting when i insert the usb with the boot or image on.Ive deleted all on hdd so nothing on the hardisk

birdman99

Vu+ User
Been trying that today but nothing, the duo just keeps starting with looking at the usb at all, i have a cable here that i used to use with my tm500 wonder if i can install a new image with that??

sonc

Vu+ User
Make sure you have removed all other USB attachments from the back of the receiver. Insert the USB flash drive with the bootloader in the front USB.
Then power-on the Duo.
If that doesn't work can you try a different flash drive.

birdman99

Vu+ User
Ive tryed everything like this and still wont do anything, ive had this box for 18months and have loaded loads of images because ive had so much trouble with them .
Just dont know whats happended, but something is defo wrong here with this duo.

a911

The BH Lover
Ive tryed everything like this and still wont do anything, ive had this box for 18months and have loaded loads of images because ive had so much trouble with them .
Just dont know whats happended, but something is defo wrong here with this duo.

Are you using a USB with zero content or made erase format to it?
Did you unzip the BH Image file directly to the USB!
Did you use a backup image?

birdman99

Vu+ User
My imahe that im trying to update has a backup image on it, ive tryed to delete everything like that thinking it might be effecting it, still no joy..

levi

first format usb drive then take everyting of from the usb ports (mybe even hdd ) than pute your usb drive to the front usb slot upgrade the bootloader then just flash first bh 1.78 then backup image :)

birdman99

Vu+ User
What i normally do is format the usb so its wiped clean fat 32. then extract the bootloader to the usb do that first usually takes seconds .
Then ill delete the usb then extract new image to another formatted usb and then insert the usb into the front and load 1.7.8.

when you say backup,i always have backup saved onto hdd, its never usually a problem.

yashar1357

Vu+ Newbie
If you were using 1.7.2 before , not necessary to install bootloader again. just try 1.7.2 once more, if successful, then download new image ( 178) again.

birdman99

Vu+ User
Thanks for all your help but looks like this duo is stuck on 1.7.2 ive tryed everything youve advised and im starting to think this is stuck on this image untill someone proffessional gets there hands on it.

birdman99

Vu+ User
think ive done something to this duo when i was deleting the contents of the hdd using ftp programme, i was trying to delete some backup files thinking there would be causing the problems, maybe ive deleted something thats needed inside to load images, the boot is working but every image i try just sayins reading usb then it starts the the normally and overlooks the image load.

Matrix10

Administrator
Try a couple of USB sticks (try the older USB sticks max 2Gb)
Always first Format USB stick as FAT32 on your PC
before copying the image .
Disconnect everything from VU + Duo USB ports
connect only USB stick with the image.

birdman99

Vu+ User
Ive tryed loads of usb sticks and the one i use anyway is a 2gb from years ago,(ive always used it with succsess) but nothing , wont even load older versions of blackhole.

birdman99

Vu+ User
What about other ways of downloading images,like null cable ect.... i have one here if anyone can help me do it that way instead of usb

birdman99

Vu+ User
Tryed the old images, just the same, ive done and tryed everything that everyone has helped with.
Thought someone would have come along with a simple answer to why this has happened.#Wonder if i can take it back as faulty box.

yashar1357

Vu+ Newbie
My box (Duo) has a problem with front USB and takes about 30 minutes to load image but is normal with rear ones. did you try with rears? Do you turn off box from rear before starting?