catseye modified motor scan still with issues

yummer

BH Lover
Tried downloading the modded motor settings off BH server on totally fresh reflashed image and still no joy. Still sticking on starting GUI screen.

yummer

BH Lover
Yes take it, it worked for you :-( . it worked on my father's box too but mine has not. I've reflashed box so absolutely nothing on but the image. Also tried the modded one off vix was page dated 30th and dreamboxedit ftp'd and restart enigma and still freezing on starting GUI ... I'm confused

yummer

BH Lover
Never had issues before and this is my 3rd or 4th channel update using cats eye. I've only had box for couple of months so still learning

Matrix10

Administrator
Yes take it, it worked for you :-( . it worked on my father's box too but mine has not. I've reflashed box so absolutely nothing on but the image. Also tried the modded one off vix was page dated 30th and dreamboxedit ftp'd and restart enigma and still freezing on starting GUI ... I'm confused

Do you have something connected to the USB ports ?
Which box do you have ??

yummer

BH Lover
No nothing ATM. I tried downloading them in Avalon the other day before they where removed and I highlighted this issue. I have nothing connected, just a totally reflashed box from scratch so a blank canvas so to speak

Matrix10

Administrator
Hm,

Maybe you flash is full.

Ok you can try this one to install manually i have mod with dreamboxedit

Copy file to /tmp

and install with
green >>yellow>>Manually Install Bh packages.

I have test this files and working on my box.

============================================================

If this not work I think you have to try to put/ftp files with Dreamboxedit program for windows.
The negative for updates and install online is not being cleaned old files
That is why is better to use dreamboxedit,which erase files not in use (old files) and controls the validity of files .

Attachments

• Catseye_MOTOR_29.04.2013_bh.tgz
    449.3 KB · Views: 1

Matrix10

Administrator
Ok if like to try with dreamboxedit
you can use this files
Unzip and load/ftp files with dreamboxedit

Attachments

• Catseye_MOTOR_29.04.2013.zip
    524.9 KB · Views: 1

yummer

BH Lover
I'll try thanks matrix I'll let you know how I get on. My flash surely would not be full after a reflash though? And it definitely wasn't the other day when I was in Avalon. I'll try to manually install first then failing that I'll try your dreamboxedit :) thanks

yummer

BH Lover
nope none of above working.... ill try mounting usb again if you think this could be a flash issue and see if this helps.... i have a feeling my box is going to get flashed tonight more times than a guy in a titty bar :)

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
I'll try thanks matrix I'll let you know how I get on. My flash surely would not be full after a reflash though? And it definitely wasn't the other day when I was in Avalon. I'll try to manually install first then failing that I'll try your dreamboxedit :) thanks
Please try these, the ones dated the 29th may still have issues.

Attachments

• Cateye E2 Settings File 75 East-45 West 30.04.2013.rar
    372.2 KB · Views: 4

yummer

BH Lover
same outcome as the ones i had off WOS VIX forum mate..... tried in flash and failed. they still have the warnings in log, but as explained by matrix dreamboxedit should clean them up and make them free from duplicates and validate them

i'll try mount usb in universe again but i have a feeling the same thing is likely to happen

yummer

BH Lover
Solution from the man himself.... Catseye
Reflash box
channel scan..... for me on 28.2 east
restart enigma 2
dreamboxedit (ftp 30th march settings as above) Attorious post (thankyou)
and jobs a good one .

thanks for all your time guys

yummer

BH Lover
Sorry this solution only allowed me to ftp the channel list to box.... After another enigma 2 restart I have same issue. And also before restart the channel list was all greyed out and said tuner was not configured when they both had been ... Both tuners had also been manually scanned and configured as simple single sat 28.2east

just noticed that the satellites.xml file in the catseyes motor bouquet pack is over 9 meg is size, try using this one instead and see if it makes a difference.

Attachments

• satellites.xml.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 1

yummer

BH Lover
Is that the latest release mate? Think that your mate sicillian over at vix offered me that this morning... Tbh I'm rather happy now using the autobouquetmaker no long winded tuner scan and you can watch TV whilst scan takes place :) thanks pheonix. Love cross forum support off everyone this is my first Linux stb and everyone on both forums have a wealth of knowledge and bend over backwards to help with issues :)

no mate thats a satellites.xml file i just generated from
Code:
http://satellites-xml.org/
to replace the one already in the latest catseyes packs as that one is bordering on 9 meg which monstrously huge.

simply extract the satellites.xml file i uploaded and replace the older larger one in the catseyes bouquet folder, then send it to your receiver as normal to test. i would test it my self but i still have another 7 hrs left of this shift till i can get the chance.