Solo2 Change of skin causing loop at start-up

xeos

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everyone,
I was a happy user of VU+ SOLO2 until few hours ago.
I've changed a skin in my solo2 and box asked me for restart which I did. But now there is an instant loop at booting and I have no access to MENU. So I cant go back to default skin. Im just getting an info about error. I've tried to access it thru TotalCommander but I can't find a folder with skins. I went thru few websites and I found a path that I can't find in Total Commander "usr/share/enigma2" where folder with the name of the skin should be. In my box I have [Configuration] and [HDD]. I found folder named Enigma2 and the path is \Configuration\Etc\Enigma2 but there is no such a thing like folders. It's filled with files only. I've no idea what else I could do.
I appreciate any answer.

PS. Sorry for my english.

xeos

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Matrix,
Thats the problem. I can't find this path there. I've no such a folder like USR or SHARE.
The only thing that shows up in My Network Area is Vu+Solo2 and when I enter this I can see two folders named [Configuration] and [HDD]. No USR or SHARE.

I'll be happy to provide few screenshots tomorrow. Unfortunately Im at work at the moment.

Last edited:

xeos

Vu+ Newbie
Problem solved !
It's hard to believe but I used Total Commander again. I went to /Configuation/etc/enigma2 and found there file named settings. I've opened it with notepad and I saw something like "set skin = MX_silverlight" which was the last skin that I used and that caused problem. I changed it to "set skin = default" and box went to normal again.
Thanks for help and see You around.

AlexWilMac

This was too complicated and, somewhat, useless. And, if you want a serious control over your box, you need a real FTP program because it's just a matter of time before you'll need it.
Total commander is not the most comfortable software for our Enigma2 boxes: use Filezilla instead.
You'll discover a lot of useful things you can do easily.
In this case you have a CLEAR and easy access to the FLASH paths of your box and you'd been able to immediately delete the folder with the incriminated skin under /usr/share/enigma2/ as Matrix told you.

AlexWilMac

That explains why he read "Configuration": it is what happens through samba and it got confused not seeing "root". By FTP you must connect as root ;)
Anyway, despite I'm a TC user since 2000, I find more comfortable FZ, especially now I 99% of the time I use OsX. I find very useful the chance of saving many bookmarks. But maybe TC has now improved. I'm still at 2.74 version...