channel reordering

eggzenbeanz

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

Mega newbie alert, trying to find out if these products are ok for me.

Big question for me..... Channel reordering. Can I reorder the channels numbers set by Freesat UK. I want to place BBC 1 HD as 1, BBC 2 HD as 2, ITV HD as 3 etc etc.

I bugged me that Freesat boxes do not support channel reordering.

nunigaia

Hello,

Mega newbie alert, trying to find out if these products are ok for me.

Big question for me..... Channel reordering. Can I reorder the channels numbers set by Freesat UK. I want to place BBC 1 HD as 1, BBC 2 HD as 2, ITV HD as 3 etc etc.

I bugged me that Freesat boxes do not support channel reordering.

Yes, make a bouquet for that. Better using severall tools like, dreamboxedit, dreamset, e-channelizer ... to do it.

best regards
nunigaia

eggzenbeanz

Vu+ Newbie
thank you - so from a point of view of my wife as a simple user. She could press up and down on the controller and to cycle through the channel order I set? no extra buttons to press?

AlexWilMac

In Linux-based images you should take advantage of the concept of BOUQUET.
This is simply a group of channels where you can put whatever channel you like, terrestrial or sat. It's not like in traditional decoders where you have all your thousands of channels listed together.
Then you can move also the bouquets up and down the bouquets' list and the first bouquet in your order will assign the first numbers to its channels.
So, 1, 2, 3... will be the first channels of the first bouquet.
You can create your own bouquets and as many bouquets as you like; for instance: SPORTS, NEWS, and so on and a channel can be put in several bouquets, if you like.
All the other channels are always accessible pressing UP or DOWN and then the GREEN button (to select the satellite you want or the terrestrial services) or RED to show ALL your channels together.

nunigaia

thank you - so from a point of view of my wife as a simple user. She could press up and down on the controller and to cycle through the channel order I set? no extra buttons to press?

Yes, and as another usefull point, you can set your STB, to boot and wake up from standby to the preferred service of your wife. ;)

best regards
nunigaia