Chromecast by google and vu plugin ?

Dasizzle

Vu+ Newbie
Hello guys. Have you seen the new chrome cast device from google ? realy sweet thing. i'll hope it would be posible to install the software to our vu machines :) what do you think ?

Attachments

• chromcast_google-960x623.jpg
    chromcast_google-960x623.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 166

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Hello guys. Have you seen the new chrome cast device from google ? realy sweet thing. i'll hope it would be posible to install the software to our vu machines :) what do you think ?

Please, read well what is "Google Chromecast" device. (HDMI connected to TV or monitor, USB power supplied).

Thank you.

Dasizzle is Right, now, thanks to ChormeCast SDK many PC/Laptop/Android application will have a ChromeCast button. you press on it and the content is streamed to the ChromeCast capable Device.
Instead to have a Google ChromeCast Device, the Vu+ could be emulate that device and be recognized like a ChromeCast capable receiver....

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I don't get your point :) ?

We didn't understand each other:
Chromecast works with devices you already own, including Android tablets and smartphones, iPhones®, iPads®, Chrome for Mac® and Chrome for Windows®. Browse for what to watch, control playback, and adjust volume using your device. You won't have to learn anything new.
So you can stream directly to TV from those devices. Vu+ is a DVB-S2 receiver, which is connected to TV. It's not a standalone machine with own small display. A small display of portable devices is why Chromecast was born - to see streamings from those on TV (Vu+ is connected to TV).

PS: This is my point of view, I stop my discussion here.

Dasizzle

Vu+ Newbie
Dasizzle is Right, now, thanks to ChormeCast SDK many PC/Laptop/Android application will have a ChromeCast button. you press on it and the content is streamed to the ChromeCast capable Device.
Instead to have a Google ChromeCast Device, the Vu+ could be emulate that device and be recognized like a ChromeCast capable receiver....

Exactly where i was heading to . Not to use vu+ to stream to a chromcast device. but using the vu+ as the receiving device.

it was said that, ChromCast is just the first device of its kind. there will be many implements to it, like bd plpayers,smart tv's.

JalaL

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,

Vu+ is already acting as a DLNA Renderer so some Android apps (Bubble UPnP for example) can stream local content (or remote content on a separate DLNA server) directly to the Vu+ device.

Really interesting feature if Vu+ devices can emulate Chromecase device and read content from capable Android applications (Youtube, Play Movies...)

fido1

Vu+ User
Chromecast by google and vu+ plugin ?

It is interesting point of view dealing with Android based device Chromecast. However, it is a Google device aimed toward Google supported applications and networked audio and video content that is better captured by dedicated Android Smart TV devices capable of playing not only IPTV, NetTV, Web TV but also tone of Android apps and Android games over your TV or monitor. Chromecast gives Netflix, YouTube, Google Play TV & Movies as well as casting multimedia content from a laptop, mobile phone to TV set and vice versa.

When someone proposes Chromecast apps over Vu+ devices it is interesting to say that Vu+ devices are yet equipped with the possibilities to capture and watch various IPTV, NetTV and Web TV sources, Internet radios, YouTube, etc. as well as streaming media to and from Vu+ unit. In the same time, it is worth to remember that with Chromecast you got Google species that is coping with your privacy and guided use of entertainment stuffs.

Vu+ devices as Linux based units are supported with a huge base of plugins and addons that make this device more capable for streaming purposes than Google oriented Chromecast. Also, Vu+ devices are DVB receivers for watching satellite, terrestrial, and cable television programs that is not possible with Chromecast. In other words, there is no any means to incorporate pure Chromecast into Vu+ environment because Chromecast devices lack of many stuffs we have with Vu+ devices. When we are speaking about media center, Vu+ also has these capability and with appropriate plugins streaming from mobiles or tablets is also possible.
Talking about Chromecast is something alike Xbox media center (XBMC) that we can play on Vu+ devices but this application is almost obsolete since we have other dedicated plugins more suitable for Vu+ devices to run the same XBMC addons as someone can play with Xbox.

If someone wish to play android apps and games it is more useful to obtain Android Smart TV dongle or box and hook it up to TV and enjoy Android world at will.

sfynx2

Vu+ Newbie
The question is.. Is it possible to get a plugin that permits VU+ to stream over a chromecast linked to a different TV so that I can watch same channels on different tv?

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Use an Android Mini PC dongle with HDMI port connected to the TV set and run the Vu+ player or XBMC app on it.

sfynx2

Vu+ Newbie
I dont understand the point. Chromecast has no xbmc and a simple plugin streaming to chromecast would be much faster. The object of the topic here is the chromecast. By the way already Vu* is streaming to the android player so I thought its easy to redirect to a chromecast or next version of the player could stream to chromecast aswell.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Maybe you don't know that, but Chromecast is a closed system, no other use possible than what Google wants, and as Google doesnt't want, then it's better to forget about Chromecast....or even better, if you like ask Google,, not BH....;)