Cinergy T USB XXS HD tuner turns to Dummy Tuner

tiberito

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

I have strange problem with Terratec Cinergy T USB XXS HD DVB-T tuner using Black Hole image (2.1.6 and 2.1.6.1) on my Vu+ Zero. In some random times it is known and shown correctly as Cinergy T USB XXS and I can do channel search and watch DVB-T channels. But if there is need to go to standby, reboot or just shut down Zero then next time after starting it won't recognise this tuner anymore. It shows "Dummy Tuner (not recognised)". And at some random time when tuner is restarted it becomes available again. It may come back after 1 restart but also may not come back even after 10 restarts. And strangely it has such behaviour only with Black Hole image. No problems with Open Black Hole, OpenViX, VTI. In VTI I had to manually install dib0700 driver that device would show up but the other worked "out-of-the-box". No matter if it is connected directly to Zero or using some USB extension cable. Problems are only with Black Hole image. Most strange part it is that sometimes (and it is really SOME times) it is recognised correctly but then again it is not recognised at all. I have two of these sticks and they are acting same so it cannot be problem with USB tuner itself and they work with other images. So there must be some communication problems between Black Hole image and/or driver.

Is there something I can do to investigate deeper what could cause this behaviour and to solve it? I really Black Hole but at time I'm using Open Black Hole (which has few other annoying problems :p) because of this DVB-T tuner issue.

Thank you in advance