Connect a Mac formatted External HD to VU+ Solo

Redani

Vu+ Newbie
I did read everything, the only possible way is the mount the external hard drive with Device Manager, i did run Device Manager but i don't see my hard drive... :(
don't know what else to do! :(

dimfil

BH Lover
You need to install the hfsplus kernel module which, unfortunately, I think is not provided/supported by Vu so it is not possible to install it after an opkg update. You have to take the risk to find it and install it by yourself.
But, even after that, I don't know what will happen with disks already formated in MacoSX because it uses GPT instead of MBR.

As I am a MacOS user too for many-many years (since the time of MacOS 7), please allow me an advice: since we live in a "windows based world" format your external disks in windows based filesystems (preferably ntfs). It is much easier to read/write on it on every other operating system instead of trying to make all other operating systems to read an OS related partition. Unless you have the knowledge to do it, of course...

Redani

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks dimfil for your answer.

I would love to format my external HD in NTFS format, but i won't be able to write on it with my mac, unless I install a specific software in which case, the transfer speed won't be optimal!!
what do you do for your data transfer and backups??

dimfil

BH Lover
First, we should ask for an excuse since we are a little bit off-topic...

After many trials I ended up using Paragon NTFS. To my opinion, excellent and error free...
There are other free solutions though, like NTFS-3G...

Try and decide...

My apologies again for the off-topic...

Redani

Vu+ Newbie
You're right, apologies for being off-topic !

Thank you for the info, i'll give this software a try...
Cheers