Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cross epg crashes the reciver

Discussion in 'Black Hole Epg' started by pig11, Jun 23, 2020.

1. pig11

pig11 Vu+ Newbie

Hi all
    I try downloading the epg on vu duo2 and on a solo4k both with Black Hole 3.0.9.L

how ever when trying the program just stops working and I have to reboot both boxes by the on off switch
    Any ideas on a fix

thanks

2. Alexwilmac

Alexwilmac Vip

Try and add providers one by one: I experienced issues with the one by Igor, for instance, but not always.
    You can also directly download from one provider without having to launch the whole process.

3. pig11

pig11 Vu+ Newbie

thank you will try this and let you know

4. oblivian

oblivian Vu+ Newbie

Try EPG Import, it's much better solution

5. pig11

pig11 Vu+ Newbie

sorry im new to the EPG Import so I don't know have to use it

6. Alexwilmac

Alexwilmac Vip

EPGImport has pros and cons, otherwise we all used it!
    It has got no alias feature, it has got no OpenTV capabilities and it's all based on rytec sources that are often totally wrong.
    It also (but this is only for people interest to Italian channels) has got no specific scripts for RAI and Mediaset.

Thomas67 likes this.
  7. pig11

pig11 Vu+ Newbie

ok thank you all
    only way for the epg to populate was by doing it one by one as Alexwilmac said
    this did not crash the reciver

Thomas67 likes this.
  8. Alexwilmac

Alexwilmac Vip

But I suggested so just to find out whether a provider caused the issue. In theory, if none of them did, you should be able to laugh the whole process as usual.
    But it’s also possible that it really was one of the providers: only it might not cause the crash each time.
    You should read the crossepg log to understand the origin of these crashes, in case.