CrossEPG Help

afc_rich

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all!

Finally bought a Vu+ Duo the other day and have loaded BH 1.7.2.

I have configured CrossEPG to update every day using OpenTV Sky UK 26.2 as the source. Once downloaded the channel selection menu is fully populated and all looks fine :)

The issue I have though is quite a strange one. If I zap to a channel and then open the channel selection menu again, the EPG data for the channel selected has disappeared. This happens for all channels that I tune into. Has anyone else experienced this or know a fix? I'm guessing that I've probably missed something simple, but I'm running out of places to look.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

afc_rich

Vu+ Newbie
I have also noticed that the descriptions are missing on all my recordings. If I log onto the webinterface however the descriptions appear? Is this a problem with the BH image? A friend of mine is experiencing the same issue on 1.7.2. As I say downloading the EPG is not a problem as all channels/programmes are populated. The problem is this data goes missing.

alfa_omega

BH Lover
I am glad to know I am not the only one having the EPG occasionally disappear....

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/epg-che-scompare.552

I download once a day the update from sky Italy to the usb pen attached to my vu+ uno, but sometimes, when i switch it on after a deep stand by, the epg I dowloaded the day before is not there anymore, or it just occasionally reappears when i switch to some channel...That's very strange...
About the other problem you posted, it never happend that the recordings were made without any description, even because there is usually the EPG in real time (the one displayed together with the program broadcasted) that is recorded along with the stream (name and program duration, description and so on).....

afc_rich

Vu+ Newbie
When I use the webinterface the descriptions are with the recordings - so they have been saved. I believe all the descriptions are there but they are just not being displayed correctly. Possibly a bug with the latest firmware? - I don't know at this point, just guessing.

alfa_omega

BH Lover
When I use the webinterface the descriptions are with the recordings - so they have been saved. I believe all the descriptions are there but they are just not being displayed correctly. Possibly a bug with the latest firmware? - I don't know at this point, just guessing.

Did u check if the path for the recorded file is set correctly? u can reach that option by pressing the HELP button when you are in the screen displaying your recordings. Also check out the path for the recorded files. take a look at the pic here:

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/attachments/23-jpg.6806/

Good luck!