CrossEPG program details missing in Australia

car54

Vu+ Newbie
I have a Vu+Duo with Blackhole 2.0.8.1 firmware loaded. My Tuner C has a Sundtek Media TV (USDVB-t) fitted. CrossEPG is configured with Ausat OpenTV Optus C1 at 156.0
When the Channel List is displayed (below the preview picture) and a channel is highlighted the program details for the current program and the next program is displayed.
However in Blackhole about half of the Free to Air current program details are missing. In Australia NINE and TEN current program details are displayed but ABC SBS and 7 Network current program details are missing.
However they are displayed in the full EPG Guide.
I did put the VIX image on for a short time and ALL the Australian networks' current and next program details are displayed properly. So the problem is definitely with Blackhole and has been an issue through many versions in the past.
I'm assuming all Australian Blackhole users using a Sundtek tuner are having the same issue. Can other users please confirm?
And can the developers look at fixing this issue please. Much appreciated.

guntars00

Vu+ Newbie
I'm having similar issue with all Blackhole images including latest 3.0.1.F on Vu+ Duo watching Eutelsat 36A/36B.
Just for the testing I've temporary installed Open BlackHole image Vu+ Duo2 v.0.1 and with it current program details were displayed without problem. So, yes, this looks like something Blackhole specific..
Screenshot:
filename.jpg

guntars00

Vu+ Newbie
After spending couple of hours reading different forums I have fould solution.
Such issue come up because SAT TV providers uses different formats for their event (program) descriptions.
To workaround/solve this problem:
- use BH skin capable to handle different EPG formats. For example HD Glass 16 will do the job
Code:
http://www.hdglass16.eu/download.htm
- modify /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter/EventName.py file by adding few extra lines within "getText" function

def getText(self):
event = self.source.event
if event is None:
return ""

if self.type == self.NAME:
return event.getEventName()
elif self.type == self.SHORT_DESCRIPTION:
return event.getShortDescription()
elif self.type == self.EXTENDED_DESCRIPTION:
desc = event.getShortDescription()
if desc and desc[-1] != '\n' and desc[-1] != ' ':
desc += ' '
return desc + event.getExtendedDescription()

elif self.type == self.ID:
return str(event.getEventId())

It is also possible to use already modified EventName.py file from here. It should work with BH 2.x and 3.x images.
You should restart GUI to activate modification. After BH upgrade modification will be lost and needs to be applied again.

Last edited by a moderator: