Duo2 DD+, DD and PCM sound problems

macnuts

Vu+ Newbie
As as far as I know HDMI 1.3a is suited perfectly for DD+. 1.4 is needed for 3D TV.

From my experiments I can see that when duo2 is connected with optical, sound is downmixed to DD. When it is connected with HDMI (1.3a amplifier) sound is DD+ but it might be not a raw bitstream from satellite/terrestrial (AUDIO_CONTI[AUD]: DDP downmix 1 state : 1 log line).

G

Godanapo

As as far as I know HDMI 1.3a is suited perfectly for DD+. 1.4 is needed for 3D TV.

From my experiments I can see that when duo2 is connected with optical, sound is downmixed to DD. When it is connected with HDMI (1.3a amplifier) sound is DD+ but it might be not a raw bitstream from satellite/terrestrial (AUDIO_CONTI[AUD]: DDP downmix 1 state : 1 log line).

I was talking about ARC, which is only supported by HDMI v1.4 devices and cables (like Solo2 and my Sony Amp. are).

Any HDMI 1.3 version (a,b, etc...) works for DD+, but dont have ARC support, which I was talking about earlier. You can check here:
Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

macnuts

Vu+ Newbie
Why ARC would be needed on a way (back?) from duo2 to amplifier?

I have a very simple setup: duo2 -> (HDMI) -> amplifier which processes audio and passes-through video -> (HDMI) -> TV.
Such set up works for me for blue-rays with DD/DD+/Dolby TrueHD/DTS/DTS-MA/DTS-HD-MA (those are which I tested actually); why that would not work for duo2 with DD+ then?

I know other people have the same problems as I have (another forum) and I know that there are people that do not have that problems.

Anyway, I posted a bug report on vuplus page, let's hope they will find an issue...

Regards.

Just one more thing that came to my mind now:
duo2 is sending audio to all outputs, so I think that line from the log meant that DDP is downmixed to optical, and then it would be passthrough to HDMI.

macnuts

Vu+ Newbie
I am very pleased with vu+ support experience on this issue. They turned to me for sample recordings and they fixed the problem with today's drivers!

I can now join the club of vu+ dd+ experience :)

Just for the record, no changes in a/v setup; pure dd+ through hdmi 1.3

macnuts

Vu+ Newbie
I was too optimistic. The problem is back with 18.03 drivers, and 03.04 as well. So I have to stick to 10.03 drivers (the smallest number of issues).