Deinterlacing problem?

Eiji

Vu+ Newbie
I've noticed since day 1 that the box (purchased new) is struggling to deinterlace or isn't deinterlacing the picture sometimes. It's most noticeable on channels with a news ticker at the bottom like Sky News and it seems to happen randomly.​
I'm using Vix image 3.0.569 (going to try Blackhole soon) and the display settings are 720p, multi (for refresh setting) and just scale, same as my Dreambox 800SE which never had this problem. Channels also change slower than my 800SE but that could be due to me using XXXXXXX on the Solo2.​
(PLS READ FORUM RULES Admin MX)​
Why is the box doing this? Is it a known problem with the box? I have already tried 1080i and 1080p display settings and it made no difference on my Plasma TV.​
The best way I can describe the problem to others then is to tell you to stream a channel with a news ticker like Sky News / CNN etc with VideoLAN through OpenWebIf and watch the channel with de-interlacing on and off. The picture on my Solo2 box on my plasma TV intermittently (probably when the image has a high bit-rate only) looks like a VideoLAN stream with deinterlacing off, then on, then off over and over and it's random.​
I know it's the box because I don't get the problem when streaming.​
Here are some pictures showing the problem.​
How the news ticker looks with no problem:​
ZCTkyFq.jpg
How it looks with the problem, notice how the news ticker at the bottom looks blurry:​
zV7evz5.jpg

bala240

Vu+ Newbie
Count me in too. I have been struggling with the picture setting for almost a week now but without any luck. The picture on SD channels is unacceptable, to say the least. I have loaded the recent drivers and my TV is Samsung LED UA46EH5300.

enrico001uk

Vu+ Newbie
My pic quality is great on both sd and hd but its just the scrolling text on sly sports news and sly news thats my problem.
I have had this problem on my uno and duo too.

Eiji

Vu+ Newbie
Picture is fine in 1080i mode, also install latest drivers.

I have the latest drivers installed and I have already tried 1080i as mentioned in my original post and it has the same problem. My Dreambox works fine in 1080i or even 720p so it seems there is something wrong with the Solo 2.

Matrix10

Administrator
I looked at this issue shortly with a news ticker at the bottom Sky News HD and SD
I must say that it is all very strange.
This problem is present not only in HD but also in SD,
and not always but in strange intervals.
I think this have nothing to do with a high bit-rate.

To make it all even stranger is
It does not happen on Sky Italy with a news ticker at the bottom .

I must say that I have not tested for long
but I'll do it when I have time and compare with other receivers.

But no matter what I'm sure that VU+ is working on drivers for VU + solo2
To get the maximum out of these new processors.

To add

I'm still not 100% sure that the problem is only in the receiver.
I need to compare.
It seems that this happens with 720P and Im not sure if this happens with 1080i
(so far I have not seen)
I have to test longer.

Matrix10

Administrator
For info
I have not noticed any problems tonight on Sky News HD
True I am using newer drivers.
I think that this problem is more related to the SKY UK
because the HD picture is excellent tonight.

Eiji

Vu+ Newbie
I've also come to the conclusion that it isn't related to the bitrate of the image. It happens randomly, I even notice it on channels without a news ticker. And yes, I am viewing Sky UK (28.2E) only.

The problem happens for me in 720p, 1080i and 1080p. I haven't tried lower resolutions yet.

I really hope Vu+ can fix this.

Matrix10

Administrator
I've also come to the conclusion that it isn't related to the bitrate of the image. It happens randomly, I even notice it on channels without a news ticker. And yes, I am viewing Sky UK (28.2E) only.

The problem happens for me in 720p, 1080i and 1080p. I haven't tried lower resolutions yet.

I really hope Vu+ can fix this.

let's wait for a solution..

Magnify the images for analysis.

Attachments

• shot2.jpg
    shot2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • shot1.jpg
    shot1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • shot6.jpg
    shot6.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17

Matrix10

Administrator
OK This ONE ??
I cannot test and I have not test.
Double posted drivers ??
I have very slow internet here at the hotel.

Attachments

• vuplus-dvb-modules-vusolo2-3.3.6-4.4.3-20130204.tar.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 14

enrico001uk

Vu+ Newbie
With the new drivers released today 6/2/2013 after 10 mins testing I dont have the deinterlacing problem anymore on sly sports news hd uk