Difference between SOLO models

avishafrir64

Vu+ Newbie
What is the difference between SOLO , SOLO SE and SOLOE SE V2 ?
Is the black hole solo image compatible for all 3 of them ?

Mick12334

The VU+ Solo, the original, is a different model to the VU+ Solo SE, and VU+ Solo SE v2.
You can compare the figures on the VU+ website:
Code:
http://www.vuplus.com/sub/sub0109.php

The VU+ Solo SE, and Solo SE v2, use the same image, as they are basically the same receiver, only the v2 version has more flash memory, all other VU+ models have their own version.

Ev0

Admin
The VU+ Solo, the original, is a different model to the VU+ Solo SE, and VU+ Solo SE v2.
You can compare the figures on the VU+ website:
Code:
http://www.vuplus.com/sub/sub0109.php

The VU+ Solo SE, and Solo SE v2, use the same image, as they are basically the same receiver, only the v2 version has more flash memory, all other VU+ models have their own version.
The v2 also supports a twin tuner, whereas v1 will only support a single tuner.

avishafrir64

Vu+ Newbie
Good morning
I checked on VU+ website and I am not sure what to buy. The SOLO SE V2 with twin tuner or the SOLO V2
Solo SE for example has eSATA interface for external HD , SOLO 2 has SATA 3 for internal HD
SOLO 2 has additional USB socket
Both have very similar specifications so I am confused
Is the SOLO SE image supporting twin tuners too ?
Will be glad to hear your opinions
Many Thanks

Ev0

Admin
There is no such box as the Solo V2 SoloSE

There is the Solo SE, SoloSE v2 and Solo2.

The difference between the SoloSE and SoloSE v2, is that the v2 has twin tuner and twice the flash size (the SoloSE v1 is no longer available as far as I am aware), and both the SoloSE v1 and v2 use the same images.

The Solo2 is also twin tuner, but they are fixed sat tuners, whereas the SE uses the pluggable tuners, so you can swap between Sat and cable / terrestrial.

The Solo2 also has support for internal hdd rather than only external.

avishafrir64

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry about the SOLO V2 , I wrote it by mistake , I meant SOLO 2 and after posting did not know how to correct :)
So if I am not interested in cable/terrestrial tuner and both of them can record on Hard Disk internal or external it seems they are both almost the same ?
There is no advantage to SOLO2 at all beside an additional USB and panel display ?

Ev0

Admin
Sorry about the SOLO V2 , I wrote it by mistake , I meant SOLO 2 and after posting did not know how to correct :)
So if I am not interested in cable/terrestrial tuner and both of them can record on Hard Disk internal or external it seems they are both almost the same ?
There is no advantage to SOLO2 at all beside an additional USB and panel display ?
The solo2 is the older box, of the 2.

The solo2 has internal 2.5" hdd support (this is important to some), and it has fixed sat tuners the vfd display and the extra usb port.

However the flash is smaller (only 256mb instead of 512mb).

The SoloSE v2 gives you the option to switch between sat and cable / terrestrial at a later date, if your needs change, the box itself is smaller, but you do loose the vfd and internal hdd support aswell as that 3rd usb port.

Whichever one you decide to go for, i'm sure you will be very happy with.