Does one4all remote control work on solo2 ???

markivor

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I have a one4all remote control model 6230...... It dosent seem to be able to find the code for the solo2 when I use the search method. does anybody have the code for this or can anybody recommend a remote that would just switch on and change channels as its just for the kids to use because when they use vu remote they mess up my settings.

Thanks for any replys guys :)

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Unfortunately there are big problems with affordable universal remotes to mimic original VU+ remotes.

I've tested some of these remotes, and also 1 from Oneforall, with very poor results.
Speaking about Oneforall, I too couldn't find a preset code for VU+, so I had it learn all the IR commands from the original.

Then the problem came up...

Original Vu+ remote uses a flag bit (o/1) at the end of each IR command sent to the box, and this bit is reversed at each command sent.
For example, if you are pressing a cursor key many times, at each single button push the sent IR code will have the flag bit reversed from the same previous IR code.
In this way the box understands better that the remote is continuously sending a repeated command originated from the same button.

Well, after said that, the problem is that when you make a universal remote learn an IR code from the original, the code will be learned with the flag bit of 1 or 2 (in a random way), and therefore when using the universal remote with a VU+ box, the repeating sent command will always have the same bit (as it was learnt) so the box will ignore the repeated sequence of the same command, and will not respond further after the first push, expecting to see the flag bit changing alternatively in the received commands.
In this example, the box will actuate only the first command of the cursor key, and then stop.

There are indeed some expensive universal remotes that could mimic this flag bit alternation, like Logitech, but these remotes must have the Vu+ codes already pre-programmed in their database and been instructed to deal with the flag bit, otherwise even with them the learning function will lead to the same issues as on cheap remotes.

The VU+ remotes problem is well known on the Internet.

Last edited:

markivor

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Eragon, A very well explained answer. you probably have saved me a lot of wasted time and money trying different remotes.
I looked up Logitech remotes and they aint cheap at all, so I will sort something else out for the kids.

Thanks again for your help :)

yummer

BH Lover
Thanks Eragon, A very well explained answer. you probably have saved me a lot of wasted time and money trying different remotes.
I looked up Logitech remotes and they aint cheap at all, so I will sort something else out for the kids.

Thanks again for your help :)
Have you tried parental lock? Or setup a universe so if they screw it up you can always quickly scrap it and make a new one ;)