Duo 4k kodi

rob77

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

I've just installed the latest openbh on my duo 4k but am unable to start kodi. Screen goes black and looks like it's starting and then just quits out.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Matrix10

Administrator
If you have an old Kodi installation on your HDD
you must erase it.
You must delete all also hidden files.

rob77

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks matrix10

I've reinitialised the disk which had some data on from my old solo2 but this has not solved the issue. I've also gone in and deleted the .kodi folder but still not working unfortunately.

Cheers

eboelens

Vu+ Newbie
Hallo Kodi in open BH is working with me but there is no sound when I start a music file mp3 or a musicstreaming service for example . Is is very frustrating . I"m searching several forums but no solution . playing movies is no problem sound is ok .
Can you conform this ?
regards
erik

AlexWilMac

Hallo Kodi in open BH is working with me but there is no sound when I start a music file mp3 or a musicstreaming service for example . Is is very frustrating . I"m searching several forums but no solution . playing movies is no problem sound is ok .
Can you conform this ?
regards
erik

I wonder why is needed such a complicated and absurd environment like Kodi is just to play a .mp3 file. OBH is not limited like BH: you can browse your devices, their folders, and play whatever file you like by the normal playing function.
You can also create symlinks within your recording list to point at whatever folder you need, so that you don't need to browse each time your folders.
Kodi is the best way to get simplest thing into very complicated ones, in my opinion.

I can promise you that it not the Duo4K thats the problem. Kodi is just not setup right. You have to install a mp3 player from download server inside Kodi.