Duo freezes in standby

paolino

Vu+ User+++
It is not ok!

. . . but is very ok witoulght HDD (I have 1000gb) ...

That's all folks

Could be faulty HDD or power source. Let the fan on in standby, use Fancontrol2 and try with other HDD (set HDD standby to 10 minutes).

roxi676

Vu+ Newbie
yes I have only freeze,,, No crashes,,,! and now with VTI 5.1 , in standby temp is 42°C is that ok ???
Thnx!

a911

The BH Lover
yes I have only freeze,,, No crashes,,,! and now with VTI 5.1 , in standby temp is 42°C is that ok ???
Thnx!

No matter what image U have , this is hot @standby!
Do not miss around with this expensive STB,,just take it to the shop!

roxi676

Vu+ Newbie
I like the BH img. very much but if i won't have success with it i'll try other images in which i unfortunately confront the same problem.
that's the only reason for asking here about freeze in standby

i hope someone has experience with this. Thanks!

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I like the BH img. very much but if i won't have success with it i'll try other images in which i unfortunately confront the same problem.
that's the only reason for asking here about freeze in standby

i hope someone has experience with this. Thanks!

Check your fan. Open the box, and verify it. Some Duo's have the problem with fan. For example doing an reboot, it doesn't work until you will not turn off/on your box. That's why I connected my Duo fan directly to 12V with an potentiometer to be able to modify its RPM.

iet8

Vu+ Newbie
hi
I have the same pb, freeze in standby mode, my vuplus do is brand new.this mean it is not damage component.
fan controller 2 to is not working with Duo

paolino

Vu+ User+++
hi
I have the same pb, freeze in standby mode, my vuplus do is brand new.this mean it is not damage component.
fan controller 2 to is not working with Duo

Sorry for mistype, had to be Fancontrol (set Fan ON in standby). Touch the top of your Duo close to fan. If it's hot (38 degrees or more), there is some problem with fan. (Mine was gone after 6 months)

iet8

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry for mistype, had to be Fancontrol (set Fan ON in standby). Touch the top of your Duo close to fan. If it's hot (38 degrees or more), there is some problem with fan. (Mine was gone after 6 months)
thanks my firend

toppo

Vu+ Newbie
hi all,just looking to know if this problem with freeze in standby was there a fix for it,i too am having same problem using bh 2.0.8,it is only 5 weeks old,thanks