DUO2 LCD problem, help please!

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
My DUO 2 shows problem of LCD screen. The Duo 2 runs BH 2.1.1 and configured correctly (I believe) and was function well. I have not updated any thing, not installated any thing. However, just a few days ago, the LCD screen shows problem(which is dead and just a black screen) during watching a channel. When the LCD sreen becomes black, the configuration interface (LCD4linux) is no LCD display. If I restart the receive by either shoft or hard switch off and on again. The LCD screen displays correctly. The black LCD screen has happened a couple of time. I did not found any channel related or watching time related. It can happen in a couple of hours or several hours no problem.

Please help!!! Any suggestion would be very asppreciated

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Even if it might appear black, can you still see some backlight on the LCD screen as it were only blanked, but not completely switched off?

Last edited:

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thanks @Eragon for your help. I do not check the details as your mentioned, but from a distance of 2 meters, it is back. I will monitor it closely and when it appears I will check the LCD screen carefully. In the means time, what are the possible cases if the lcd has backlight (very week) or no backlight at all?

I do not know anything inside of the receiver. The factors are when the LCD is function, every thing seems oky, does not like a 'hardware 'issue. When the lcd is off, there is no information is sent to the main TV, it looks like sometimes, the receiver stops sending signal to lcd and the TV main screen. It can be a hardware or software issue. any suggesion? Can I set some kind logfile to record the details? My receiver did have some recording issues a while ago. When recording is progress, I cannot change channels as I used to do. The receiver is frozen if I change channel several times when the recording is in progress.

Please help.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Backlight still present: probably a software problem
Backlight absent: possibly a LCD or mainboard fault
Thank @Eragon , for your kind help and information. In the last a few days, the problem does not appear. I will keep an eye on it. I will report to here when I found something. I am also waiting a good timing to reflash the image. Thank again.