Duo2 -> Solo2

Jan Suhr

Vu+ Newbie
I have recently bought two Solo2 boxes and to complete my setup in my house I need a third box. I'm very tempted to buy a Duo2 as the third unit.

I have a question, will the Duo2 work well as a server for my two Solo2's with the Remote Channel Stream Converter setup?

My plan is to have the thrid unit as a client ( it will then be one of the Solo2's acting as client) with no LNB's connected to it, only getting signal over LAN from the two Remote Channel Stream servers.

Jan

I think duo2 is best option to use as server for both solo2 as it has 4 tuners (2x 2 double tuners) and in this case you can even buy one more solo2 :)

Jan Suhr

Vu+ Newbie
Well if she can change channels and adjust the volume and eventually switch of the TV she is fine.
The only buttons she use is the Channel + and - (Thanks to the remote button remapping), button 1-9 and Volume + and -. We have two Samsungs and the remote is mapped to control them as well.

Simple as possible and woman friendly. :D

Jan Suhr

Vu+ Newbie
BTW I did order the DUO2 this morning, the distributor said I was the first one in Sweden. I doubt that but I'm for sure early on it.

Reactions: Ev0

Matrix10

Administrator
Well if she can change channels and adjust the volume and eventually switch of the TV she is fine.
The only buttons she use is the Channel + and - (Thanks to the remote button remapping), button 1-9 and Volume + and -. We have two Samsungs and the remote is mapped to control them as well.

Simple as possible and woman friendly. :D

Channel + and -

Okay, okay, we see if this will work in practice :D

NickZ

Vu+ User
Too complicated :) I have TV extender (5 GHz) connected to Solo SCART and a pair of corresponding receivers in different rooms. If you want HD, there are extenders with HDMI as well.
41zpdag3k4L.jpg

NickZ

Vu+ User
HD channels can be seen, moreover you can hardly notice the difference between true 1080i and the transmitted image, if a TV set has less than 42'' diagonal.

Jan Suhr

Vu+ Newbie
Too complicated :) I have TV extender (5 GHz) connected to Solo SCART and a pair of corresponding receivers in different rooms. If you want HD, there are extenders with HDMI as well.

Maybe, today I have two Solo2's and one is for Brittish TV and one for Swedish TV, with this Tuner sharing I can reduce my number of boxes and only have VU+ for all my needs. And only one remote for the ones that are connected to my Samsung TV's. My Duo2 will replace one Solo2 that are connected to my receiver+projector. This way I can record from any box, select any channel and also see movies from my Plex-server.

I think it is a pretty perfect setup