DVD USB - play DVD and audioCD

xostia

Vu+ Newbie
Hi:

I have connected a Samsung DVD unit (USB) to my Solo2 and I can play DVD movies using DVDPlayer but... ¿how can I play audio CDs? When I insert a CD, the system stays frozen for a lot of seconds and it is impossible to play with any addon.

Any help?

In the other hand... I would like to know if Solo2 could downmix DTS audio. I have many DTS audio CDs and, theorically, Solo2 can manage DTS and AC3 (downmix possible?).

Thanks.

Carlos

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Hi:

I have connected a Samsung DVD unit (USB) to my Solo2 and I can play DVD movies using DVDPlayer but... ¿how can I play audio CDs? When I insert a CD, the system stays frozen for a lot of seconds and it is impossible to play with any addon.

Kernel module cdfs is missing. I'm trying to find a way how to install it.

Is there somebody, who already did it?

komodo

Vu+ User
Kernel module cdfs is missing. I'm trying to find a way how to install it.

Is there somebody, who already did it?

There is no chance to install it if it's not compiled with kernel :) So maybe angelofsky1980 should recompile kernel with cdfs.

xostia

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks all for your help.

I connected this USB DVD recorder and a mini audio amplifier to my speakers (SMSL SA-S3)... and the idea is to joint all my functionalities in the Solo2. If it can play DVD, audio CDs and DTS audio CDs it will be great!

Before I insert my post, I was looking for the cdfs module but yes... it seems that must be included in the kernel.

Thanks again.