epg.dat file disappears

saxog

Vu+ Newbie
Hi mates,

I download rytec epd gata through epg panel to media/usb.

Everything is fine, information on screen and epg.dat file located on usb.

But once box is started completely new, the file is not on the usb anymore nor channel information is available on the screen.

Using bh 2.1.7, someone a clue why the system kills my epg file away?

Thanks

nunigaia

Hi mates,

I download rytec epd gata through epg panel to media/usb.

Everything is fine, information on screen and epg.dat file located on usb.

But once box is started completely new, the file is not on the usb anymore nor channel information is available on the screen.

Using bh 2.1.7, someone a clue why the system kills my epg file away?

Thanks

Press <MENU> and open <BlackHole apps>, drop down to devices manager and investigate that your USB pen drive is properly mounted.

If it is not mounted ... mount it and reboot your STB.

You can investigate too if your CrossEpg is correctly setted.

best regards
nunigaia

saxog

Vu+ Newbie
Hi amigo nunigaia,

USB is corectly mounted -> picons, recording, CrossEpg (ext.epg.dat file on USB) functionalities all working perfect.

BUT when I use epg.dat file, generated through EpgPanel (!), the file is killed after complete new start of the box :(

Did you tried it?

Thanks mate

nunigaia

Hi amigo nunigaia,

USB is corectly mounted -> picons, recording, CrossEpg (ext.epg.dat file on USB) functionalities all working perfect.

BUT when I use epg.dat file, generated through EpgPanel (!), the file is killed after complete new start of the box :(

Did you tried it?

Thanks mate

Defragment the database of epg.dat in CrossEpg plugin.. If this not result ... delete with an FTP tool or a Plugin ( Filebrowser or DreamExplorer ) the epg.dat file and try update a new one in crosse epg download menu.

best regards
nunigaia

saxog

Vu+ Newbie
Defragment the database of epg.dat in CrossEpg plugin.. If this not result ... delete with an FTP tool or a Plugin ( Filebrowser or DreamExplorer ) the epg.dat file and try update a new one in crosse epg download menu.

best regards
nunigaia

1 - defragmentation did not solve the issue
2 - CrossEpg does not contain the provider I need, further it gives an error when trying tu update rytec xlmtv providers

So two issues here with functionalities of system plugins:

1 - Not possible to update rytec xlmtv providers through 'CrosseEpg', dispite the fact they are available by rytec. The providers which come by default are very few ones and no one is european.

2 - If one download epg data through 'Epg Panel', where in fact more and more usefull providers by rytec are available, the created epg.dat file is deleted by system after new start. Crazy but certain.

EPG functionality is a very basic feature, so I am surprised that this is not working.

Anyway, thank you for all the help you are providing (!), and maybe this helps to solve the issues some day.

PoseiDon25

Vu+ Newbie
1 - defragmentation did not solve the issue
2 - CrossEpg does not contain the provider I need, further it gives an error when trying tu update rytec xlmtv providers

So two issues here with functionalities of system plugins:

1 - Not possible to update rytec xlmtv providers through 'CrosseEpg', dispite the fact they are available by rytec. The providers which come by default are very few ones and no one is european.

2 - If one download epg data through 'Epg Panel', where in fact more and more usefull providers by rytec are available, the created epg.dat file is deleted by system after new start. Crazy but certain.

EPG functionality is a very basic feature, so I am surprised that this is not working.

Anyway, thank you for all the help you are providing (!), and maybe this helps to solve the issues some day.

This is happening to me as well. Tried everything re-setting and download again and again but now EPG.dat is not even showing in media\usb. Its clear that system is deleting the this file after every re-start. I've been re-storing it from EBP Backup but now i cant even do that as there is no back up or file showing on my usb.

Can some one please have a look at this?

saxog

Vu+ Newbie
This is happening to me as well. Tried everything re-setting and download again and again but now EPG.dat is not even showing in media\usb. Its clear that system is deleting the this file after every re-start. I've been re-storing it from EBP Backup but now i cant even do that as there is no back up or file showing on my usb.

Can some one please have a look at this?

Here, again 2, options:

1 - find providers e.g. by rytec through internet in xlmtv format and load them manually to usr/crossepg/providers so you can download that one you need throug CrossEpg without getting deleted by system.

2 - Try another Image, there are tons of alternatives arround

ravedone

Vu+ User
It happens with other images on the epg function. Maybe there are some problems with the crossepg database or providers. I read some problems last days on other images, as openplus...but not sure what you say about kill epg.dat file, with other images, I mean.

ravedone

Vu+ User
In 3.0.1 bh the file epg.dat is lost too. But the epg works, maybe now the info is saved on crossepg folder...

saxog

Vu+ Newbie
It happens with other images on the epg function. Maybe there are some problems with the crossepg database or providers. I read some problems last days on other images, as openplus...but not sure what you say about kill epg.dat file, with other images, I mean.

CrossEpg issue I mentioned is NOT related to providers nor database, it is related to malfunction of its update functionality of rytec xlmtv poviders.

If you update them (rytec xlmtv poviders) manually, you can find the provider you need and work perfect, so it should be easy to be solved... or may be not cause this issue has been addressed in this forum already several times last year. The mentioned solution to substitute the update_rytec_providers.pyo file does not work, at least in my case.

ravedone

Vu+ User
Ok, I found in this case with 2.1.7, this is why I change to 3.0.1, leaving to one side the problems I have with 3.0.1 with some plugins.

saxog

Vu+ Newbie
In 3.0.1 bh the file epg.dat is lost too. But the epg works, maybe now the info is saved on crossepg folder...
Lets see how long it works ;). I suppose you loaded latinmunic rytecs ones, try another provider and lets see if it works after epg.dat is gone.

I bet this issue remains with your image

ravedone

Vu+ User
No no...I have bh spanish default.
61928ec60591d8be14224b59a7e537b0.jpg
I dont want to discuss something that you know more than me. But that is what I have now with 3.0.1.

ravedone

Vu+ User
Yes, on long press blue button, crossepg downloader. I have selected the xmltv sources I want, just one in my case.

saxog

Vu+ Newbie
Then its normal that you dont have a epg.dat file.

Again:

CrossEpg --> creates ext.epg.dat file --> works perfect with the providers which are available, but when you need another provider (e.g.France) which is not available you can not find and use it cause CrossEpg RYTEC XLMTV PROVIDER UPDATE DOES NOT WORK (ISSUE)

Epg Panel --> more RYTEC XLMTV PROVIDER available --> creates epg.dat file which GETS KILLED after new start and no data are available anymore (ISSUE)

ravedone

Vu+ User
Then I was rigth, I saw the file ext.epg.dat in crossepg folder but I didn't know it. I think that if you don't have epg settings enough, you can try other images, or openblackhole, openpli based, or openplus1.1, openpli based too.
In my opinion, bh makes images, according the staff point of view, and they don't worry about the requests of the users. But I dont know, they make it as a hobbie. So all its welcome, but partially.

Last edited:

saxog

Vu+ Newbie
In order to avoid misunderstandings:

At any point I have criticized BH Team work!

The issues I mentioned are meant to be informative in order to support its solution. I am using BH Image and have been able to find a solution to my EPG needs by myself.

And in my opinion, as I said before, EPG functionality are Basics, so BH Team, as one of the leading Image builders, may be interested in sort it out.