EPG

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
1st time install of OBH afer many years on BH, also on Vu+ Solo4k, my current STB.

Getting used to it and everything seems to work OK, EXCEPT one of the most important things, the EPG!

In CrossEPG, I cannot update Rytec providers and therefore cannot get any EPG data.

EPG-importer probably uses the same Rytec file and as it is empty, no EPG from this app.

That means I cannot (easily) program timers to download.

I often wonder why such a crucial function so often does not work? My internet connections are all OK, and I have had similar problem in the past on BH images. Are all the STB's really dependent on one source for the EPG's?

What can I do now?

AlexWilMac

It's already been discussed:
-first of all, CrossEPG is not part of OBH, it's a plugin: so, don't blame OBH.
-It's been a while since rytec providers are not available and this must be reported to CrossEPG author. The problem is that CrossEPG seems abandoned by its author.

So, the issue has nothing to do with OBH. Unless, you are able to update rytec providers by BH: are you?

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
I am not blaming OBH, where did you read that? Just stating a fact that under both BH & now OBH I frequently cannot get an EPG. That is really bad for me, as I tend to do a lot of downloads for later viewing. But if I do not know the time that a program starts, I'm lost!

By your tone, you seem to be an expert on all things to do with OBH and maybe even BH. If so:
I'm wondering, is there an alternative?
Can I make my own file from downloaded data? etc.
How do others cope?
And to repeat my question, "Are all the STB's really dependent on one source for the EPG's?"

Some help would be appreciated!

AlexWilMac

As I said, this must be reported to the plugin author.
The only alternative is EPGImport, although it hasn't got the ALIAS feature, whom I use a lot under CrossEPG.
And, just to satisfy your curiosity, try again if under BH the updating of Rytec providers works or not. But, even if it worked, the issue under OBH has to be reported to the plugin's author, not here.
Something tells me it doesn't work any longer even under BH, though.

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
Unfortunately, EPGImport does not work for me either! In the log, it shows it tries all the URL's but comes back with events 0 for each one.