Hi guys,
I cannot read the cpu temperature:
Telnet Command: cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
Error: invalid argument

Can anyone guide me?
Solo4k-BH 3.0.5-kernel 3.14.28

Last edited:

AlexWilMac

The temperature? If there is no sensor (as I know), there is no chance to get the temperature. And actually, at least under OBH, there isn't even a plugin (that's an easier way to read such infos) for Solo4K ;) If I'm not wrong, there was such a plugin for my Duo2, but I cannot check this at the moment.

phipo

Vu+ Newbie
As I know, you can got it from some skins in BH like HDglass, How that's possible if solo4k doesn't have CPU sensor?

phipo

Vu+ Newbie
The temperature? If there is no sensor (as I know), there is no chance to get the temperature. And actually, at least under OBH, there isn't even a plugin (that's an easier way to read such infos) for Solo4K ;) If I'm not wrong, there was such a plugin for my Duo2, but I cannot check this at the moment.
I apologize, I made a mistake
There is no temperature in the HDglass Skin, I've tested it now. :no:

AlexWilMac

Here is not a matter of skins or plugins or terminal commands: if there is no sensor, who can read an inexistent value? Maybe these skins you are telling about have a more comfortable way to display but, if I remember well, for VU+ models with sensor, even the basic infos from OBH Gui provide this value. But this is because the HW has got the ability to read this value, not because a skin has magical powers.

AlexWilMac

I had the chance to check my theory on my dad's Duo2, where there is also installed OBH. And it's shows a "System temperature" without any plugins, just by MENU/Information. I was actually almost sure that BH for Duo2 had (at the time it was installed) a plugin to check temperatures.
Instead, my Solo4K hasn't and consequently there is no "System temperature" displayed under Info.
Now, System temperature is not CPU temperature but this shows that a temperature sensor is present in Duo2 whilst is not present in Solo4K.

phipo

Vu+ Newbie
I had the chance to check my theory on my dad's Duo2, where there is also installed OBH. And it's shows a "System temperature" without any plugins, just by MENU/Information. I was actually almost sure that BH for Duo2 had (at the time it was installed) a plugin to check temperatures.
Instead, my Solo4K hasn't and consequently there is no "System temperature" displayed under Info.
Now, System temperature is not CPU temperature but this shows that a temperature sensor is present in Duo2 whilst is not present in Solo4K.

Thank you for your time.
We can find the CPU temperature in Uno4k (BCM7252S), Ultimo4k (BCM7444S), even Duo2 (BCM7424). But we can not see the temperature of the solo4k (BCM7376) CPU.
My question is why!
According to you, the Solo4K has not a CPU sensor.
It's strange to me that the creators of this device have never thought about this.
Surely there must be a solution.
I am looking for a solution, do you have a solution to this problem?
Thanks again for your reply.

Last edited:

AlexWilMac

Probably because it was designed in a way that the temperature is not a problem. But one might always decide to implement a self made fan solution ;) I'm not concerned, also because my Solo4K is positioned in a way it's completely free.