ESATA HDD mount problem

Bulent Oner

Vu+ Newbie
Hello all,

I have an E-SATA disk which I have already use it in my Egreat Media tank. It has 3 partitons, this is created by egreat as ext3 format.

Partition 1: ~250 MB
Partition 2: ~5000 MB
Partition 3: rest of the 1 TB

My videos are in Partition 3, Partition 1 and 2 is using for Egreat MediaTank operating system purposes. I used it sometimes in mediatank or sometimes VU+ with E-SATA.

I flashed BH 1.6 and I tried to mount with BH Device Manager. But on Device Manager screen only the /dev/sdb1 (which is Partition1) is visible. Others are not visible. So I couldn't mount my main partition3.

Previously, I used ViX image, and its own device manager 3 partition is visible and you can select the partition which you want to mount. I think there is a problem Black Hole device manager because ViX is perfectly manage my device.

I tried with telnet
fdisk -l

and I saw my there devices as /dev/sdb1, /dev/sdb2 and /dev/sdb3 and mount it manually with

mount /dev/sdb3 /media/usb3

and I edit my /etc/fstab for mount on startup.

I can set my recording paths with that way.

Everything is worked fine If i follow that sequence with new boot

1 - Turn on the external E-SATA HDD
2 - Turn on VU+ DUO

But if first turn on VU+ DUO after the boot up, turn on the ESATA HDD. So, my mounts are empty. It is not mounted automatically as I described. Most of the time I use this way because when I want to watch a movie or record something than I turn my ESATA on.

ViX was perfectly manage my device for auto mount options. I think Black Hole also capable for it.

Any suggestions?